Lowest prices for your stay
US$849
View deal
Booking.comUS$849
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews timeshare presentation living room high end appliances free valet parking bosch appliances master suite pool area ocean view full kitchen second bedroom adult pool huge lanai poolside bar timeshare property washer and dryer three bedroom beautiful property
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a one-of-a-kind place. We come here every year for the views, the pools, the location, the terrific apartments with generous ocean view lanais. We have only one issue - that's with the outdoor tiki bar, "Pau Huakai". Even though we're told the hotel is at 95% occupancy, the bar is closing every night at 6pm. Big mistake! The bar used to be open until 8pm or later. Not only that, seating at the bar has been eliminated.. in spite of the fact that just about every other outdoor bar in the area is allowing seating at the bar. The bar, with its good food and terrific bartenders (Tom, Max, etc.) is one of the main reasons we bought here! Cutting hours and removing seats at the bar may have made sense when occupancy was at 50% and there were no vaccines. Not now!

Room tip: All 2 and 3 bedroom units face the ocean. Half of the 1 bedroom units face the ocean.
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank buddybutl
Kimberly Brown, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Aloha buddybutl,

Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing such kind words about the Hyatt Residence Club Maui. I am happy to hear that you are able to enjoy yourselves anywhere on the property, whether it be the lanai, pool, or bar. I understand that the adjustment to Hawai’i’s state mandates can be frustrating right now. Here at the Hyatt Residence Club Maui, we do our best to help our owners and guests adapt and feel more comfortable. We continue to respect the state rules in order to protect our owners and guests, associates, and community. For more information regarding limited occupancy, please visit www.mauicounty.gov > public health emergency rules (Rule 5, Section E). In addition, we are working on acquiring the resources to allow us to stay open later. I am happy to share that as of June 5th, our hours of operation will be extended until 7 p.m. With our state mandates progressing and associates returning, we look forward to exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 5 May 2021

I was looking through photos and remembered I never published my review but.. "Say Less!" was my motto throughout the entire trip with an amazing group of family friends.  I was lucky enough to join this timeshare experience when the State of Hawaii lifted the 14-day Q as long as we were able to provide valid COVID19 negative results 72 hours within landing.  Hospitality at the Residence Club was impeccable from arrival till the very end of our trip, we were greeted with smiles at any given time.  We stayed on the 8th floor with a magnificent view overlooking the resort and beach where we could hear the waves crashing for hours, soothing.  Every time I looked down from the balcony, I could see someone cleaning and sanitizing  equipment and lounging areas, nice to know that this resort is taking safety precautions seriously though this pandemic.  Fitness floor seemed a bit small for such a large property but the equipment provided was enough to get a full body workout! Masks are required to be on during workouts and are also enforced for everyone's safety, sanitation wipes are available.  Actually, masks are required to be on at all times if you are wandering around in the resort but may be taken off outdoors once you've acquired a spot to settle down to avoid a mask tan! Even if you are vaccinated, it should be a courtesy to have mask on regardless. Location of this resort is pretty awesome, you can run 2 miles along the beautiful coast into the nearest shopping plaza. Overall, my friends and I had a wonderful time here at the resort, maybe because this was just the fifth day of the reopening process for Maui and there wasn't as much people.. I'm sure by now, fast forward few months things have changed and much more things are open. Hopefully, I'll get to revisit this resort sometime soon!

Date of stay: October 2020
Kimberly Brown, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha Kevieeee,

Mahalo for your kind words. I am excited to share this with the associates. It is extremely important to us to create a comfortable and welcoming environment for owners and guests. And that we also do our part in keeping our community safe and healthy. I am so happy to hear that you and your friends were able to have fun and relax. We hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 27 April 2021

The property is very nice. Large spacious double rooms with large outdoor balconies. I was disappointed that the large soaking tub didn't have jets.
The pools were filled daily with lots of kids. I spent my time at the adult pool. We all thought the pool was a bit chilly. Sadly, hot tubs and spa were not open due to Covid.
There was one outdoor place to order food. It was cooked indoors and brought out in paper sacks. Visiting the island in April was not a good idea. Rental cars were sky high or nonexistent. A trip downtown by Uber was expensive as well. It would be best to save your trip for another time when so many restrictions are lifted.

1  Thank 560terriv

Aloha 560terriv,

Hau'oli Lā Hānau (Happy Birthday)! Thank you for your compliment and for sharing your experience. I hope that we were able to help make you comfortable and that you were able to enjoy yourselves and create lasting memories. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 13 April 2021 via mobile

Great hotel. Choice of music played at pool is disappointing. Bob Marley is great, but Scorpions “Rock you like a Hurricane”? Really? Mid-80s rock? Not relaxing in any way. How about some Hawaiian music?

1  Thank traveldawgwa
Kimberly Brown, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

Aloha traveldawgwa,

Mahalo for sharing your feedback! I will have our pool music playlist reviewed and we will be more mindful of including relaxing music. We hope you enjoyed your time and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 5 April 2021

For a luxury experience, do not travel here in April 2021 during spring break. Oh my! The heater is broken in the pool and the water is frigid. For entire stay, the hotel didn't care that the pool water was frigid and had a "whatever attitude." For a family with 3 small kids, the pool was supposed to be the highlight of the trip and their lips literally turned blue after being in the non heated pool. They said they are waiting on a part from the mainland... For how long? Our entire stay the pool was like an ice cube. The front desk woman was rude and insulting. The concierge is more interested in having you buy a place than giving you any helpful tips on the island. The rooms are nice at least and the beds are comfy. For the amount it costs to stay here and as a repeat guest, we were disappointed at the quality of service- the staff doesn't seem to care at all.

1  Thank StressedOutTraveler
Kimberly Brown, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2021

Aloha StressedOutTraveler,

Thank you for making the Hyatt Residence Club Maui your choice of stay when on Maui. I appreciate you sharing your honest feedback. We want everyone to be comfortable and to enjoy themselves while staying with us. I apologize we did not meet your expectations this stay. I can assure you that our Engineering team is doing everything within their control to rectify the pool heater situation. Our team is very caring and empathetic, and I am saddened to hear this was not the case during your encounter. I will address the service you received with Department Managers and remind our associates to carry on the Aloha spirit that I know they have.