“Will Return”

Leilani's On The Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Leilani's On The Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 292 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 30
Transit: Maui bus stops right in front Whalers Village every hour!
Description: Located right on famous Ka’anapali Beach, Leilani’s offers the perfect vantage point for viewing amazing sunsets framed by the islands of Lanai and Molokai. The open air dining room offers sweeping ocean views and features a menu of fresh Island fish, seafood, prime rib, steaks,and barbecue ribs. The outdoor Beachside Grill has long been a popular place for both residents and locals to enjoy their favorite casual fare while sipping exotic cocktails and enjoying live entertainment. Menu offerings include appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, Hawaiian local plates, fish & chips and for dessert Kimo’s Original Hula Pie.
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Dinner service upstairs begins at 5pm, so since we were early, we ate outside downstairs at their Beachside Grill. This is adjacent to the Beach Walk and on the beach side of Whaler's Village. We had a great experience..... great food, good service, and a beautiful view. We definitely plan to return!
Food tip: can substitute a salad for fries with the mahi mahi fish and chips and the Cobb salad was very good and with a nice presentation.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,927)

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Absolutely the best. I'm from California where fish tacos are a staple, so I should know. I should say, we should know. My wife and I pronounce theses the best fish tacos we have ever eaten. The fish, Ono, is not shredded. A large slab of the fish is placed inside the tortilla. Combine it with the other included ingredients and you have a delicious meal. One is enough. We both ordered two, then needed to box the other ones up for the next day. By the way, this was at Leilani's Beachside Grill, which is below the main restaurant.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here with my parents while on holiday in Maui. We all enjoyed our food and had to get a serving of the Hula pie for dessert. So yummy! The place is a little on the pricier side, but the food is delicious, and the service was really good. We had Katie as our server, she was great. I would suggest making a booking, rather than just rocking up.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Outstanding, impeccable service provided by Nate. We travel to Leilani's at least 3 times a year and always request Nate. The ambiance is amazing and food delicious. The parmesan crusted Mong Chong Fish is one of our favorites. Ask for extra sauce.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Our server (I forget his name but he’s originally from Oregon) was fantastic! Super friendly and recommended a few dishes on the menu. The fresh catch prepared with crusted macadamia nuts, herbed potatoes and veggies was wonderful! My husband and I are staying at the Westin Maui and the whole whalers village is right within walking distance. So happy to have quality restaurants so close! It was only a 5 minute walk along the beach for us, but I think they have a parking for guests not staying right in the resort area.