Review Highlights
Informative and fun

Amazing trip, the crew was knowledgeable, funny and made you feel comfortable. Even during COVID we... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Curious225167
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Excellent

We love Pacific Whale Foundation! The crew was awesome and the captain found us at least five... read more

Reviewed yesterday
shalisehali
Salt Lake City, Utah

Recommended experiences in and around Maui
from US$36.74
from US$45.22
from US$95.59
from US$90.02
More Info
All reviews ocean spirit whale watch non profit great organization money goes dinner cruise humpback whales whale song mother and calf whale tour marine biologist great whale knowledgeable crew large boat baby whale veggie burger snorkel site
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

PWF is a high quality organization. The three hour lunch cruise was wonderful. I was happy to have an assigned seat and Covid protocols were followed to insure compliance and to protect customers. Water was served almost immediately so masks could be removed at that point. We saw quite a few whales and an interesting variety. The guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. I booked a lunch cause it was three hours, but the food interferes with the whale watching. Balancing the plate and eating while watching for whales was a bit cumbersome. Loved the mai tais. They weren’t too strong but gave enough joy to enhance the experience!! The overall feeling is that PWF wants to provide a marvelous experience and they succeeded. Mahalo!!!

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

We were very impressed with the knowledgeable staff onboard the ship! They gave us the history of the island of Lanai’i and the Whales which was very interesting. The snorkeling was super fun and they had great equipment available for use. They also had lifeguards strategically placed that made you feel extra safe! The breakfast was great. Lunch and cocktails were served afterwards. The Mai Tai’s were very strong! We even got to see some great whale action on the way back too!
Overall 10 out of 10!

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

Trip was phenomenal thanks the Captain and crew. They were extremely knowledgeable and talked story sharing many facts. Perfect Maui Day... Aloha!!!

1  Thank 0269Kihei
Reviewed 25 February 2021

We had a young Whale that just hung out with us for a good. 15 minutes. It's was awesome. He wasn't ten feet away

Reviewed 24 February 2021

Not my favorite whale watching experience. Crew was knowledgeable, and the boat was clean. However, the Covid precautions were extremely strict to the point of being obnoxious and quite ridiculous. You’re sitting in a restaurant like style with your people socially distant in the open air and they are on you if that mask is not on in between eating or drinking. My daughter was sea sick and vomiting, and they were more worried about masks. Assigned seating and discouraged moving around the boat isn’t great for whale watching. I would wait. Also, another comment that rubbed me the wrong way was when the crew got on me for spraying sunscreen on my kids. Said it gets everywhere and to apply with my hands although no one was around us. Covid and sunscreen tyrants. Little whale action but not their fault.