Review Highlights
Neat experience

This was a fun and interesting short side trip just outside of Lahaina town. Our guide was very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
489andreal
Clifton, Illinois, Usa
So fun

This was one of the funnest and most educational farm tours I have ever been on. I would like to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
roamingroofer
Thunder Bay, Canada
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Lahaina
from US$109.95
Maui Nui Luau
90 Reviews
from US$115.62
from US$45.22
from US$112.50
More Info
All reviews various stages farm tour great tour our tour guide his passion life cycle cane juice stages of development mason jar farming techniques health benefits homemade coconut interesting information knew his stuff educational experience booked this tour learn how
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We were expecting a tour of the coconut scenery and tasting, but this tour tuned out to be far more than that. Kai was really knowledgable and passionate about coconut and preserving the environment in Maui. We learned all aspects of coconut and were sold on the benefits coconut offers.

The tour was designed to be interactive, Kai expected us to interrupt and ask questions at any time. We enjoyed the tasting part of the tour and learned about the taste difference between coconut at different ages. The coconut milk making workshop at the end was hands on and we got to keep the big jar of coconut milk we made!

Definitely something you won't want to miss on Maui.

1  Thank wang86894864
Reviewed 29 April 2018

The family who run the farm keep the tour groups small, and it makes a huge difference. The tour was fantastic!! Not only is the farm one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, the information was incredible. What a joy to learn about something from someone who is so passionate and knowledgeable. This tour surpassed all of my expectations and I encourage anyone to go and visit. We were able to ask as many questions as we wanted, and we also got to taste a lot of coconut!! Truly, the best thing I did while I was in Hawaii.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Punakea Palms Coconut Farm is a legitimate "must-do" when on the West Side of Maui. Located in Lahaina, this is a great experience to learn more about natural farming and all about coconuts! Kai details all the uses for the various components of the coconut in a passionate and interesting way that makes you lose track of time.
To top it off, you try coconuts at different stages of development and close by making a quart of coconut milk to take home. Even better, it's a simple process to make once you get back home (which we did!)

1  Thank Temujin K
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

What a delightful and educational way to spend a morning in Maui. Ryan is so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about all things coconut! We highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Not to sound snobby, but our tour at Punakea Palms Coconut Farm was shockingly (to us) THE BEST thing we did while in Maui! And we did a lot of amazing things. I suggest to make reservations well in advance, as we barely got in for a tour before our trip ended. Our 12 year old son did research of Maui and the things he wanted to do while there. Visiting a coconut farm was number 1... who knew?! So, our other 2 kids went along, albeit complaining that they had to leave the pool and beach to "go to a farm?!". After the tour of the amazing grounds, tasting all stages of a coconut, learning all of the fascinating healthy things coconuts do for our bodies, ALL of my family agreed that it was the coolest thing we did in Maui! Kai, our tour guide, was the best guide on any tour we've ever been on; he educated us, made it very interesting, and he knew everything anyone asked. I hope we get back to Maui, and I hope to do this again. Aloha Kia and Punakea Palms!

Date of experience: March 2018