“Yummy!!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I require gluten free options and the Fish Market did not disappoint! My husband and I were both very pleased with out meal! The price is not cheap but appropriate. Service was quick and the store sold fresh fish to take home also. It is a very busy enterprise but easy to see why after you taste your order. Most take out but we walked so sat in plastic chairs by a window and enjoyed watching the activity. Give it a try!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Based on the mostly positive reviews, we got take out from here. I had the seared ahi plate and my husband got the calamari and chips. The fish for sale in the market counter looked very good, giving us confidence in ordering at this place. The ahi was really good and fresh but the sauce that came with it tasted like Miracle Whip. The calamari was fresh but was cut into huge pieces and had quite a bit of coating. Two very sweet sauces came with it....one a Thai chili style....lots of sweetness and heavy on the cilantro ....and a red sauce that was more or less like a cocktail sauce but again ...very sweet. My advice to this place would be to improve the accompanying sauces and tighten up the cuts. The fish is good, but the prep on the calamari needed help, and the sauces did not compliment the dishes at all in my opinion. The price was very reasonable for the serving size....and it being Hawai’i... and the staff was very friendly. The order came out quickly. They have a lot going for them.....just needs a little fine tuning.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We were looking forward to eating at the Fish Market again this year (one of our favorites in years past)... and have never been so disappointed!! After waiting in a long line, we just had the WORST meal ever!! The fish (mahi mahi) was over-cooked, tough, dry and absolutely tasteless!! YUCK!! Almost inedible! And to make it worse, their prices have gone through the roof!! You pay the same as you would for a NICE restaurant in downtown Lahaina where you are served dinner by friendly wait staff and eat at a nice table rather than a counter!! I think they must be riding on their reputation. Quality way down... and prices way up!! We won't be going back. Recommend that you skip this place and go elsewhere if you are looking for a good fish meal!

1  Thank FrequentFlyer1092
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I read about this shop. It was only a 20 minute walk from my hotel. Got there at 6.45pm (closes at 7) and it was packed!!
Had the fish tacos and the special seafood burrito Took them away and ate them on the beach watching the sunset
Bloody brilliant and cheap compared to most restaurants in Maui

1  Thank AMcLeay
Reviewed 10 September 2018

If you are staying in the Napili area, this place is a no-brainer. Busy at peak hours but that's because it is excellent. Try to stop off peak hours and be awarded with one of the best fish meals in the area at reasonable price! I had the fish tacos @ $4.99 and was not disappointed.

Been to Fish Market Maui? Share your experiences!