“Fun little venue”

and up
Tasting the Best of Maui Farm Tour
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Kula
More attraction details
Owner description: Ulupalakua is home to MauiWine which offers one of the Islands' most enticing products - wines that carry the essence of Hawai'i, the spirit of Maui. MauiWine welcomes you to taste the fruit of the island in wines made from their 23 acre vineyard on the slopes of Haleakala, as well as the tropical wines made from the famed Maui Gold pineapples - all grown right here in Upcountry Maui. Visitors to MauiWine gather in the tasting room located in the King's Cottage, built in 1874 specifically for the celebrated visits of King Kalakaua, last reigning King of Hawai'i. Guests are invited to follow in the footsteps of Ali'i (royalty) and Paniolo (cowboys) on a guided tour of the historical grounds. A journey into Ulupalakua's illustrious past, a tour of the Makee estate, and a glimpse at the creation of Maui wines are all a part of the experience. Welcome to Ulupalakua... where the storied history blends with modern day agriculture, creating the perfect setting for the islands only winery and vineyard. Time Well Spent
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the drive to get there and the wines weren’t particularly stellar, but they were interesting. I would certainly revisit on a future trip to the island. Check it out & enjoy!

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"scenic drive"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2018

The Maui Winery is in Ulupalakua, which is one of my favorite parts of Maui, and their wines are very good. Well worth the drive, and well worth trying and buying the wines.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

For $12 each, my boyfriend and I did the Tropicals Tasting. It included a pour of the Kula, Hula O Maui, Maui Blanc, Maui Splash and Lehua wine. We also purchased a truffled chèvre board to enjoy with the wines. We didn’t feel rushed as we enjoyed our wines outside on the deck. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I was very excited for MauiWine!! Going up there was not fun, but the wines at this vineyard was interesting. Their Pineapple Wine was refreshing. My favourite wine was the Mele, it was smooth and easy to drink. Try their homemade truffle goat cheese. It was absolutely my favourite thing in Maui. I wanted to eat it by the spoonful. Beautiful scenery. The staff was friendly, I was sad we missed the free tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 April 2018

My party stopped at Maui Wine, not for the wine, but for the great ambiance. Yes, there is a tasting room and gift shop (I bought a Hawaiian Tea sampler and some "lava" chocolate plus a yummy jam) ; however, we're more into gardens and scenery than vino. The winery tastings are done in a converted lovely old home on peaceful grounds where there are plenty of photo ops and even a bean bag pitch area to occupy travel weary children. If I were going to have a party/event on Maui, this place would definitely be in the running. How great is it that the event venue also makes wine?

Been to MauiWine? Share your experiences!