US$329
Ocean Breeze Hideaway(Kihei)
The Hale Pau Hana(Kihei)
All reviewsohana roomboogie boardsfridgecoolerislandoceanbeachesmats
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Stayed here 10 yrs ago and we're back again! Juddee was a great hostess - checked in with us just enough and was there when we needed her. Loved the Ocean Ohana room, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath - perfect for my wife and I and our daughter. Coffee, juice, bagels, etc in the fridge, fresh fruit every day, towels, mats, cooler, boogie boards all available. Location in Kihei is perfect. You're minutes from the amazing beaches of Wailea/Makena, and about in the middle of the island so you're in a great position for a reasonable drive to anything you want to do further north or south and about 25 mins from the airport. Love this place.

Room Tip: If you have questions, call them. The ladies are super helpful and can answer all questions.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Juddee & Miranda,
One of the cutest places I have stayed at on Maui. I felt it was a home away from home. From the booking process to the stay, everything was taken care of. I had a very late flight so Juddee made sure things were ready and waiting for me upon my arrival. The morning fruit baskets set poolside just outside your door every morning was a real treat. Room had everything you needed from coffee to juices, yogurts, bagels and more. Beach towels and chairs are provided and even a cooler if your wanting to spend the day on the beach. Located in a private and quiet neighbourhood about a 20 min walk down to the beach. I love my walks so had no issue strolling through the neighbourhood and making my way down to the beach where there was also plenty of restaurants and shopping. UBER was a very quick and inexpensive way to get to The Shops in Wailea or some of the other beaches or eateries in Wailea. Juddee is around if you have any questions or need anything for your room, just ask and it's there. She was also very accommodating with my partner as he was in and out due to work. I absolutely loved my stay here, I loved the privacy and just feeling like I was at home. I look forward to going back and staying again. Thanks TuTu Mermaids B&B for opening your home and making this stay just that more special. I look forward to my return!
Jose Janeiro
Vancouver BC
Canada

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe J
Reviewed 17 January 2017

We stayed in Tutu Mermaids in Maui from 8-13th August 2016 in the pool studio. When we arrived, it was 10 or 11pm and the 2 owners just said hi from their balcony, which is ok as it was late. On the next days and all the following ones we never had the chance to meet them. Once we were missing some salt and she throw it from the balcony without even coming down. We always had to ask for more bread, more butter, etc othwerise they would not add any in the fridge. Breakfast was really good but every day the same and they do not provide milk for the coffee.

In addition, the bin was never emptied by them even if they came nearly every day in our room to fill up the fridge with the breakfast.

You have to wash your dishes yourself .. but their is no sink in the "kitchen", therefore you have to do this in the bathroom which is not convenient at all.

They don't clean the studio or change the towels ... would have been nice to have fresh towel every day or every second day as we stayed a bit less than a week.

They propose to help you for excursion and trips. Yes, there is a booklet in the room but if you have any question you can barely meet them. They said that I can send them a text, but they never gave me their number.

I don't need to be surrounded by the owner when I go to a B&B but spending that much of money for 5 nights and not having a single contact with the owner really disappointed me.

When we came back, I wrote them an email with the exact same points as above and they never gave me any feedback.

But it is true that the location is amazing. The house, the room, the decoration, the pool, the location. Everything is great. You have a lot of privacy and can enjoy the bbq and the pool even late.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at TuTu Mermaids B&B for Easter 2015. We had a great stay. The owners were very helpful and gave good advice about free temporary activities (like town markets). Breakfast was good with plenty of different fresh fruits (and some Easter special treats!). We could also use the BBQ to cook dinner which helped save some money. The room was convenient, pretty and tidy. The yard is nice too and the neighborhood, quiet. The only drawback would be that is a long walk to the beach. The location on the island itself is alright. Would go back anytime !

• Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I can't believe that it has taken me sooo long to write this review....not a day goes by when I don't think about Maui and the Mermaids. And I'm not kidding! Juddee and Miranda are ohana(family) to us! It all started in 2008 when we stayed for the first time at this amazing B&B!! Juddee is a reverand so she "Maui'd" us...(very incredible if you want to get married over there!) and as they say; the rest is history.

We have been back 4 times to stay at their incredible place. I really don't have the words to express what this place means to us. Both suites are very well maintained and amazingly clean! Well stalked kitchens with great added touches and the coffee is to die for!!

My sister and I came this last time together for a gals getaway. We stayed in the Poolside Suite; I love this suite so much. Its soooo homey!! We rented the second bedroom so that we could have some privacy and space from each other...sisters remember! LOL I was so glad I did. I'm a early riser and would go for a run at sunrise and I could sneak out without interupting her sleep. The bed was wonderful and I loved the size of it!
I also loved eating out by the pool every meal and lounging in it on our floaties. The temperature was just perfect. The pool is very clean~
The grounds are very taken care of and there's potted plants everywhere.

For us, the highlight are the hosts. I really can't say enough about them...WE LOVE YOU JUDDEE AND MIRANDA!!!! <3 They're full of information about the island events and are active in most of them. We've discovered many treasured experiences because of their advice!!
The breakfasts are delish! Fresh tropical splendor with yummy baked goods would be a morning occurance. Again...the coffee!!! I haven't tried anything like it since!!

We also love the neighbourhood~ There's this feeling like you live there and this is your house; its the best way to vacation!
So it goes without saying that we will be back...as soon as I can!!!

Room Tip: The Ohana Suite has a full size fridge and a private hot tub. The Poolside Suite has a small fridge but we loved the private bedroom!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family