Ways to Experience Surf Shack
from US$69.00
from US$125.00
from US$250.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2021 via mobile

My friend and I surfed for the first time at Surf Shack today. Our instructor Mike was great and got us up on the boards riding the waves within just half an hour! We had a ton of fun.

Reviewed 3 January 2021

Our instructor wasn't much of instructing. More of pushing the board to get you going. At least kids had fun, but if you really want to learn, maybe start with the beginning lesson; however, considering their so-so attitude, I suppose, maybe not the best choice either. We went August 2019. Maybe things are better now? Schools to the south of Kalama park have better water real estate with better breaks so I would consider them instead.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 19 April 2020

We did the group lesson and it was great. The instructors did an excellent job and we were all able to get up and were surfing within the first few attempts. I highly recommend this for anyone learning to surf.

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 19 March 2020 via mobile

Instructions were clear. Everyone was able to get up. Bonus was surfing with “Church” the pit bull. Loved the professional pictures. They were very accommodating for observers as well. James was extremely friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 12 March 2020

We had so much fun learning to surf from James and Church! First time trying out surfing and while I would not say I am near a pro, I can say I did it and would want to go again... in fact we are planning on surfing again this morning. James did and an excellent job making us feel safe and made a fun connection with each of us in our group of four. He gave us our nicknames as he got to know us. He was encouraging and his individual instruction was done in a confidence building manner. I wasn’t so sure at the beginning I would be able to get up let let alone with a dog on my board. Thanks Church! Thank you James for the fun!

Virginia and Turtle