Open today: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM

from US$72.92
from US$88.54
from US$156.25
More Info
All reviews semi private lesson surf lessons group lesson big al wave rider great instructor great place to learn rash guard across the street learn how riding waves hour lesson rent boards surfing experience paddle boarding awesome surf two hours
Reviewed 2 May 2018

A great organization. Had fun! Pricing is about right. Instructor was good. Staff was helpful when I initially was interested before signing up for a lesson.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Joseph H, Manager at Maui Waveriders, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Stoked you guys had a good time! We work with the weather the islands give us, but we will always make sure you guys have a fantastic time and get up surfing! Mahalo Nui

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My sister and I did a group surf class, we ended up only having 3 people in the entire class, 2 of which were my sister and I. Our instructor was patient and funny, teaching us the basics on how to ride a wave. We were all standing and riding waves by the end of the class. I would recommend Maui Wave Riders as they were reasonably priced and the class instructors are a lot of fun!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

sounds like you had a great time! Mahalo Nui for choosing us for your first surf experience :)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Great instructor. Very friendly. Makes it easy to actually get up on a board. So much fun. Wonderful experience for a first timer.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Mahalo Nui for surfing with us! See you next trip!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

All of the staff was great! Kunu (I think that was his name) was the best...even showed off by surfing on his head!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Ka’eo is such a cool instructor as well as an active life guard on Maui so you can be sure he will keeps you safe in the water! So glad you guys chose MWR for surf lessons!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My two boys (ages 12 and 14) had been talking about trying to surf when we last visited Hawaii. I was a bit concerned that they might have difficulty just jumping onto a surfboard, so we decided to try Maui Wave Riders ... it was fantastic! The staff were incredibly helpful, and my boys were able to quickly master surfing on the gentle waters off Kihei! I highly recommend MWR for anyone considering giving surfing a try!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Kihei is the best spot on the island to learn to surf! Super stoked you guys had a blast and Aloha until next time!