“Over rated, Overpriced and Underwhelming Value...”

Pietro's Pizza Kauai
Ranked #5 of 132 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Pietro's Pizza Kauai is an authentic Neapolitan woodfired brick oven pizza restaurant inside and it has an authentic New York pizzeria walk up window with outdoor seating on the outside under a covering. Inside Neapolitan pizza is currently open Tues-Sat 5-9pm. NY window Mon-Sat 11am to 9pm. Pietro's Pizza is the first and only certified pizzeria in the state of Hawaii by the Association of Verace Pizza Napoletana (AVPN) out of Naples, Italy. Good Pizza, Good Beer, Good Wine!
Reviewed 17 May 2018

...Not sure how this one slipped through the cracks. Pizza on par with the food court Costco variety. Convenient location, however, if you don't have a car (and that may account for the many positive reviews) across the street from the Marriott and a couple blocks from the cruise ship pier. If you have a car you will get better value at Brick Oven Pizza on highway 56 or try the Costco a couple of miles away for similar quality at a fraction of the price...

Tom I, Owner at Pietro's Pizza Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Great review, I encourage people to go to Costco and brick oven, then try us! Our reviews speak for themselves! Thanks again, Tom

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great dinner here and we weren’t sure what to expect but it was wonderful. Try the brick oven pizza, you won’t be sorry. Servers are friendly and the owner is personally involved and chatting with customers. The ambiance is really fun. Be sure and try the Nutella calzone for dessert.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This was the best pizza I think I have ever had. I have had pizza in NYC many times. We ordered the appetizer special of meatballs with marinara sauce after we had our pizza they looked so good on the table next to us. I was to full from the pizza but my husband and the other couple said they were delicious. Hope to make another trip there before we leave the island.

Tom I, Owner at Pietro's Pizza Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Aloha, thank you for your review! Yes, the meatballs are delicious, pork, beef and parmesan! Thank you for coming and giving your review! Aloha, Tom

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We loved the pizza here. The special of the day was what I would call a “meat lover’s pizza” which tasted very fresh and crispy crust. My son had the plain cheese pizza and it was also great! Prices were a bit high but well worth it. They were in such great demand that the pizzas by the slice ran out and folks behind us had to wait for new pies to bake but people stayed in line waiting just the same. Overall a great experience. They are also conveniently located in a shopping mall around the main street and across the great Kalapaki Beach. There is a complimentary Town shuttle that drops patrons there anytime making it very accessible to tourists and locals alike.

Thank You Adela for stopping by. We are glad you enjoyed our pizza! Thank you again for your review. Aloha, Tom

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We had the New York thin style combo pizza. It was good pizza. Perfect amount of cheese, sauce and toppings. $28 for the large. Probably a fair price for the island- I’m trying to get used to the prices on Kauai.

Aloha Stefani, Yes, prices are definitely higher here. We try to keep our prices competitive and are among the lowest four our pizza sizes among the independent pizzerias. We appreciate you stopping by and your thumbs up! Aloha, Tom