Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Kayak & Falls Trip

Great tour with this company. Very reasonable and very personable employees. Lisa, our guide was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Ann Marie D
Wailua kayak

My wife and I had a great kayak experience on the Wailua River and the hike to the waterfall was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Drew R
Vail, Colorado

Recommended experiences in and around Kauai
from US$113.21
from US$94.99
from US$183.35
from US$210.82
3,803 results
All reviews the river our tour guide secret falls great guide great trip water shoes dry bags own pace beautiful waterfall flora and fauna other companies muddy hike took pictures fun adventure mile hike highly recommend this trip plant life
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2021

This is an excellent experience and Jason is an outstanding tour guide. One note of caution. As much as they say no experience is necessary, the unevenness of the terrain on the hike and in the water in certain places (like the waterfall area) may be too much for older patrons who are not used to that kind of hiking or have diabetic feet, etc. We were warned not to bring my mother-in-law because of that and I'm glad we didn't. Additionally, you have to kayak a total of 5 miles and hike a total of 2 miles. This information should be upfront on their website. What they say is 45 mins of kayaking and 45 minutes of hiking, but really, the distance is more important. For instance, people in our group took almost an hour each way on the kayak.

But my wife, my father-in-law, and my children loved it. The waterfall is amazing and it is the first waterfall of that size that I have seen that you can stand underneath and let it fall on your head. I would give this my highest recommendation, as long as you know what you are getting into.

1  Thank W3158YMrobertm
Reviewed 22 October 2021

Our guide, Jason, did an awesome job helping us navigate to the Secret Falls. He gave so much valuable information along the way and was so patient with us as this was more vigorous of a hike than we anticipated. The whole experience was fulfilling and a once in a lifetime experience! Thanks for the memories!

Reviewed 22 October 2021 via mobile

What an amazing day we had kayaking the Wailua River and hiking to Secret Falls. The pace of the trip was never hurried we had lots of time for photos and learning about the area. Our guide Jason did a fabulous job with our group and we throughly enjoyed our time with him. Highly recommend this tour and will do to again next time we are on the island!

Reviewed 21 October 2021

Lee guided us through a fun filled afternoon with patience, knowledge, and experience. We were lucky to have great weather as well. As a beginner kayaker, I was a little worried about 2.5 miles each way trip but it was smooth and manageable. The hike was beautiful just a bit crowded. There is a small portion that is a slippery trail and a river crossing but most of it is on a wood boardwalk. It is thin and traffic is going both ways so there was a lot of stopping and letting others go. The waterfall was gorgeous and so fun to swim under a waterfall!! I only wish the falls were still a bit more secret!

Reviewed 21 October 2021

Can’t say enough good things about our trip with Wialua Kayak. The goodness started with checking in as I had walked out of our condo w/o my water shoes! SMH. They had rows of shoes people had left with them all neatly arranged by size. I was able to find a pair that fit and not miss out on the adventures. Great save Wialua Kayak! Mike was our guide for the day and he did a great job of putting everyone at ease and making jokes about double kayaks being divorce boats – then talked us through the best way not to kill each other and have a good time. They provide a dry bag that is set up to be carried as a back pack and a back pack for food. The seats they put in the kayaks were high backed and made it very comfortable (we own kayaks at home and know that not every company goes the extra mile on these as it costs money). All the paddles were in excellent condition. It’s the little details that make a trip go smoothly. Mike and the crew definitely did a great job. The kayaks and the hike were all excellent. We had a very wide age and experience range and he made everyone feel included and capable. Highly recommend this team!

This is NOT a trip for folks who are not active. The paddle up stream is fairly easy as the wind is at your back. The hike is also moderate as most of it is on a walk way but there are stream crossings with rocks and hiking over roots. If you are unstable or have foot, ankle, knee, balance issues - think twice before going. The paddle back can be challenging as you are going against the wind.