Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
US$209
View deal
eDreams
Trip.com
1,670 results
All reviews hula hula lobby bar wrap around balcony valet service resort fee corner room merrie monarch ocean front view of the bay national park the big island banyan drive banyan trees rental car japanese garden coconut island mauna kea
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2023

The rooms are small, and the tub in the bed area is awkward. The interior seems to have a fair bit of wear, and the shower grout was not terribly clean. The Banyan drive location is OK, and they have parking across the street from the hotel. The Staff was terrific. The people at the Grand Naniloa are helpful and friendly. Some of the best hotel staff I've dealt with in a while. The price point is "Upscale" for this hotel, but it really didn't deliver value for the price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott Pauli, General Manager at Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2023

Mahalo for your feedback, CyFiGal. We're thrilled to hear our team welcomed you like ohana, and look forward to the continual improvement of the corner of paradise we are blessed to call home. It will be a pleasure to host you in the future. Aloha.

Reviewed 14 January 2023

Only complaint i have with the room is the bed was not great If hotel had good beds the rooms would be perfect.

One pretty big downsize about the location is on the left side of the hotel is a burned out very unsightly hotel that was in our sightline from our lanai. On the right side is an old hotel that appears to be full of homeless campers we could not see this from our lanai and it didn't seem like the campers caused trouble, but not what you want to see when in hawaii at a luxury resort.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Scott Pauli, General Manager at Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2023

Mahalo for your review, Jason! We appreciate you letting us know what could have improved your stay. It would be a pleasure to be your vacation home in the future. Aloha!

Reviewed 6 January 2023 via mobile

This property feels so chill and relaxed! The backdrop against the lava shore and the bay is amazing. Views of snowy Mauna Kea from the lounge chairs, kayak rentals on site, cool lobby hangout with live music some nights. Great staff and a true Hawaiian vibe. Loved staying here!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott Pauli, General Manager at Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2023

Aloha Darla! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed our island and chose us to be your home away from home. We look forward to your return! Mahalo!

Reviewed 27 December 2022 via mobile

The gardens and the views are great.
Everything else is a shamble and with the Christmas rates and a the added “Resort fees” I feel it’s a complete rip off.

I just stayed in a Hyatt in Honolulu and had better service having no status there than I just had checking in as a diamond member with Hilton. Not only did I not get an upgrade (“with Christmas and all that” as I was quoted at reception), I got a downgrade for my 3 night stay. Having pre-checked in on the 9th floor. I was first told I was moved to the 8th floor, only be given a room on the 6th floor eventually . Despite checking in after the requested 4pm, I was told that the room I had picked was not ready due to cleaning staff. Would be ok if the room rate was not hiked up because of the Christmas period. On top of that the room given which is advertised as ocean view is really overlooking reception solar panels and a burnt down derelict building….

The room is tired, the aircon unit is located within the bathroom and noisy. You can hear the rooms next door….

We were served cocktails in plastic cups at the bar and the restaurant had ran out of ribs by 7pm.

And $18 for 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast.

I could go on but you get the picture. Find another place that is charging for the amount that the room is actually worth. Not worthy of a Doubletree brand name. This property is not reflecting positively on the Hilton brand.

Finally I see a lot of responses to the reviews that they are sorry and will work on it but as the months pass, I don’t see to see the trend changing. Seems to be getting worth if anything. Seems like lip service. Looks like management does not really cares as they will anyway get new tourists in….

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 182fredericl
Scott Pauli, General Manager at Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2022

Aloha Frederic. We understand your frustration as we can see you experienced quite the run around at check-in. Please know that we do care deeply, and are doing our best to continually improve our guest experience in light of our recent change in management. We are dedicated and accustomed to providing a comfortable home away from home for our Diamond Members. If you'd like to talk with me further, feel free to privately message me here on TripAdvisor. I hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Mahalo.

Reviewed 27 December 2022

If you are travelling with the expectation of Hilton brand you will be shocked at this property. Basic amenities like robes etc is not provided . Room service will be done once in 5 days Atleast we were told . Balcony is dangerous if you have kids as the railing in balcony are of vintage era (seems so) as it’s so loose that it may come off . The staff at front desk are rude and poorly trained . If you have option to avoid this hotel please do so .

Date of stay: December 2022
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Aloha, and thank you for sharing your review with us. We're very sorry your stay was less than satisfactory and appreciate the feedback you shared. It is our custom to provide our guests with a top notch experience, and we will address the concerns your review shares. Mahalo.