Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
US$110
View deal
Agoda.com
Trip.com
FindHotel
All reviews the river the pool area is great bar and grill hot tub king bed first floor tiki motel
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

Went to this hotel because of pool with slide for kids. Pool was freezing cold. No towels were available after getting out of pool. Complained to front desk. Guy didn't seem to care and made excuses. Next morning went back to the pool and still ZERO towels! Went to housekeeping directly and surprise surprise she had tons of towels available!

WiFi overall very weak. Breakfast consisted of water and Sam's club muffins.

Whoever is running this place train your employees to actually want to solve problems and help customers! Also, called front desk numerous times - NO ANSWER!

Room tip: Don't go!
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2021

Checked in to this hotel online and when we arrived we not impressed with what was waiting for a group of five. Two double beds for five people, one person decided she was not staying and decided to cut her trip short. We were given a dirty musty room, damp and dirty floor, room with a sewer smell and cigarette smell. Bedding was dirty with hairballs in the sheets. This is listed as a smoke free hotel on some sites, apparently a misrepresentation on a number of levels. Since we were from out of state the rest of us stayed since we had no other option available. It was a long sleepless night and left bright and early. I could go on with all the disappointing facts about this stay , but there are TOO many.
I would give this stay a zero.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 1 May 2021

I booked a room for myself, my husband,, and my two children without issue online. I called the following day to confirm I had a pool-side room as I had requested when I booked the room online. The front desk clerk confirmed that I did have a pool-side room booked. She also informed me that at check-in time, I would need to provide a $200 CASH deposit since I am a local resident. When I asked why, she stated that they have had problems with local residents "trashing rooms." I am not comfortable leaving cash - especially when they have my credit card number they could charge to take care of any damages. In addition to this odd policy, I was also informed that no one, other than registered guests are allowed in the pool area. I was planning on inviting one of my girlfriends to hang out by the pool with me while my children swam for a couple hours. I was told that is not permitted. The hotel has far too many unreasonable hoops to jump through to simply try and have an enjoyable family night. Also, I did not see any of these "rules" online when I booked the room. Thankfully I called to confirm or I would have been blindsided by all of this at check in time. I cancelled my reservation and booked a room at a different local hotel which I did confirm that my friend can join us for a bit and there is no CASH deposit required. I will definitely not be going back to AmericInn by Wyndham La Crosse. It's a shame too, because my family has stayed here before without issue.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 13 April 2021

Great location, comfy rooms but needs more attention to detail, no coffee refills, sparse furnishings in the room (one chair for 2 guests), water pressure in the shower was very weak. Riverside location with opportunities to fish, enjoy outside area. Very convenient to downtown, freeway and riverwalks/access.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Apparently the general manager is upset they have had issues with people every weekend. Not sure what these issues are. When checking in, they charge $100.00 CASH ONLY to local people. You can get this money back when you check out if they inspect your room and it is up to their standards. Is this even legal to do? Discrimination 1st of all. 2nd what is their standards that you have to have your room clean?

Also some guy walks around the pool are the whole time, making sure everyone follows the rules. Pretty intimidating to little kids.

Won't come back and will make sure this is on every social media I have. I wonder if the corporate office is aware of the extra charge for local people only.

Date of stay: January 2021