Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
US$119
View deal
Free cancellation until 13/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
FindHotel
All reviews grand stay one bedroom suite great location riverside park the river full kitchen sitting area close to downtown free breakfast staff was friendly dishwasher lacrosse kitchenette couch roomy wi
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2021

I enjoyed my staff at the GrandStay Hotel. Great location. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The room was comfy, well appointed ... and I could open the windows! Awesome shower! Breakfast included ... biscuits with gravy and also a waffle maker. Easy parking.

Room tip: The $ Sisters WIne Bar is a 2 minute walk!
Date of stay: July 2021
Kristina C, Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing GrandStay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 June 2021

We stayed 2 nights in two suites and both were disappointing. One was an accessible suite that clearly was not suited for an amputee. The bathroom door would not stay open. That makes it nearly impossible for an amputee to navigate into the bathroom, especially with prosthesis off. The door would immediately slam closed once opened. Had to prop a toaster by the door to get it to stay open.
Very poor noise level control. The walls must be very thin. We certainly understand that there will be noise outside the room but not to the point of being bombarded by noise from every direction - hallway outside the room, noise from rooms above, noise from rooms on either side, and noise from pool area on lower level. Quite the cacophony. Dealt with this well into the night.
General cleanliness was marginal. Definitely wear slippers, shoes, or socks when walking on carpet.
Don’t go there expecting much from the ‘free’ breakfast. Still no hot breakfast due to COVID, which I can understand, but there has been no effort to provide a decent alternative.
I’m not one to post negative reviews but this hotel will definitely not be on my list for return visits. Was definitely not an inexpensive stay. Be prepared for the 9.5% city tax.

Date of stay: June 2021
Kristina C, Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2021

Dear Jgul2303,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Your comments are important to us. We are very sorry you did not find the accessible suite accommodating. We also apologize for any issues you had with noise. A couple weeks ago we did begin to bring back our breakfast with many options and prior to this we offered grab and go breakfast bags. We encourage all guests to notify us of any issues during their stay for a quick resolution. We strive to exceed guest expectations and I’m sorry we failed you. We hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future.

With Hospitality,
Kristina C.

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

It was a good location for river park and river boat. They still are into Covid protection, so only a carryout breakfast, which was a bit disappointing. Suite was very nice. Although there was a sign, it took me awhile to find dishes in dishwasher. My error. I would recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kristina C, Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We appreciate the recommendation! We are beginning to roll out other breakfast options besides the grab and go bags. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 17 May 2021

We stayed in a suite for five people.This was a very clean hotel with very helpful staff. We were very impressed with the COVID restrictions that were in place, such as the Pool and breakfast rules.
I will look at GrandStay hotels for my future trips. Very impressed and reasonably priced.

Room tip: top floor, probably would be less noise.
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 8 January 2021

We ended up in La Crosse on our way home to WI after the snow got too heavy to continue driving. The Grand Stay was a nice downtown hotel. We had no idea it was also a block away from the Rotary Lights Display at Riverside Park (which my 6-year old daughter really enjoyed!). The room was spacious with a full-size fridge, sitting area, and two TVs. The only thing that kept this review from being 5-stars was the brown bag breakfast wasn't very good (thanks COVID) and the location was actually not very convenient for access to the Freeway (really my fault for not planning ahead).

Date of stay: December 2020
Kristina Conca, Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Dear GruffSparty,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we absolutely appreciate your comments! We hope to see you again if you are in the area!

With Hospitality,