Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
CandlewoodSuites
US$113
View deal
Free cancellation until 05/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews an extended stay immaculate kitchen full size fridge offer breakfast other hotels in town comfortable stay fitness center the staff was friendly and helpful dvds downtown crock amenities lacrosse toiletries laundry closet
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2020

As a guy who spends many nights a year with the IHG brand, this was a absolutely unacceptable stay. I had a King Studio Suite reserved and confirmed. I was provided a 2 queen studio suite. I am used to sleeping on a king bed and do not sleep well on queen beds. I had also traveled over 10 hours this day on a motorcycle. I called the front desk to tell them about the room mix up and was given some story about the hotel being full. I am not sure how that matters when I have received a confirmation email and confirmation number. I go to turn the TV on and there is nothing. I found the HDMI cable unplugged from the back of the TV. Next I go to take a shower and there are no towels in the bathroom. Not a single one. While I was waiting for towels to be brought up I go to close the curtains and find a curtain pull laying on top of the AC/Heat unit. last but not least is I like it cold when I sleep. I set the AC and did check to make sure the COOL switch was selected and it would not get below the mid 70's in my room. Needless to say I did not sleep much because of the small bed and high temps. The room change is unacceptable and there is no excuse for that. The towels, TV, pull rod, and heat issues are all signs of a poorly operated hotel. I have run into these issues many times over the years and usually just deal with them as things happen. When they happen all at the same time in the same room it raises serious issues for me.
I left the above review on the IHG site for this hotel and received a canned response from hotel management. I responded to this email by asking if you were to order a 16 OZ steak/medium and received a 8oz well done and all you got was an apology with no refund would you return to the restaurant? I have yet to receive any response to that.

Room tip: It doesn't matter what room is chosen or confirmed. The hotel will give you whatever is left.
Date of stay: September 2020
Valerie Isbell, Owner at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Hello Terry, Thank you for the reviews. I appreciate your feed back and the time you took to write all of them. I'm again very sorry that you had experienced issues during your stay with us. As this is not or Norm and our standard.. We have been working on updating our property and I am very sorry that the room you had was not correct. I do hope that if you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel. Please take care and stay safe.

Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

Great stay. I am going to say 2nd shift cause I do not want to butcher spelling her name. I am going to try anyway Kelsey. She was excellent. If I had a hotel I would hire all my employees with her attitude and attention to detail.
My room was excellent and fresh. My king size bed was fresh and comfortable. I slept like a log and did not want to get up. Very usual for a hotel stay. My was like a studio small kitchen, nice size HD tv, and the heater worked great. I will be back. I do recommend.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tulmyster
Travel820104, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Hello Tulmyster,
Thank you so much for the great review. We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and that our staff provided you with excellent service. We do hope to see you again!

Warmest Wishes,
Valerie Isbell

Reviewed 4 November 2019 via mobile

Like prior reviewers, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. However The hotel is really not walkable to downtown restaurants as claimed in the advertising. I also was surprised to find the chair in our room to be very torn-up and since we were there with dogs and I did not want them to blame my dogs I complained immediately. They right away offered to switch us to a better room. The chair in that room was a little less torn. Also, it appeared that the carpet had not been vacuumed because there was a lot of dog hair from prior dog visitors. Some of the room decor seemed more updated so maybe they are just doing things a little at a time.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Travel820104, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2019

Thank you for the review. I'm very sorry to hear about this. This is not our standard. I do hope that you will give us another try to see that this not our standard. If you would like to discuss anything more please let me know.

Warmest Wishes,
Valerie Isbell

Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. The staff went out of their way for us. Close to downtown things to do, groceries, restaurants. Had a great time making dinner for us! Most things were provided...actually, everything I needed was there, colander and all! Highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

Me and the hubs stayed here for a night and it was exactly what we like. Reasonably priced, clean and the room had a full size fridge, stove top and dishwasher. In the lobby they have games and activities you may borrow to use in your room or in the lobby, what a great idea! One of the nicer places we stayed for the price. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank angiec748
Travel820104, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2019

Hi Angiec748,
Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy that you and your hubby had such a great stay with us. We love to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us and our great amenities.We are looking forward to seeing you again!