Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews mississippi river full kitchen red tail romantic getaway sized bed first floor bluff driveway coopers futon bedroom cabin handicap wisconsin
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2020

My husband and I really enjoyed our Christmas getaway.
We stayed in the Falcon cabin and it had everything we needed to make our Christmas eve dinner and all of the meals we ate!
Our only complaint would be that the furniture including the bed could really be updated. Nothing was very comfortable and staying longer than 2 nights would have been challenging comfort wise.
The views were great and everything else was wonderful!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2020 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in the Marquette suite and loved it. It’s a very cool room with the bedroom up on the third floor of the building. The extra touches like fresh bread and the air jet tub made us feel so pampered, and the towels & bedding smelled so good! The carpet is a little old and stained, but it’s a really good space with huge sunny windows and a historical vibe. We thought the wine was such a nice touch, unfortunately, it wasn’t drinkable. I’m no connoisseur, but I didn’t like the red or the white and dumped them both. Sad. We did hike around the vineyard itself and that was really beautiful. Make sure and ask about that!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2020

After viewing the lovely website of Hawks View Cottages and reading the (mostly) 4 and 5 star reviews, I was prepared to find a well-furnished, cozy cottage - I could envision the crisp white sheets and the fluffy duvet on the king sized bed in the bedroom surrounded with windows and a magnificent view. And breakfast of eggs, sausage, home baked bread, various jams and jellies in a welcome basket on the counter perhaps with a note that said, "Welcome! Enjoy your stay!"

We stayed in Marshhawk for just one night,. We were disappointed to see the cottages were booked up and we felt lucky that we were able to get one night.

What I found was not exactly my vision: the furniture was run-down, probably the most uncomfortable futon I've ever sat on; the bed was sloppily made with a quilt thrown on it casually; a stain on one of the pillow shams; wrinkled sheets that looked like they could have already been slept in; and the clock was not set to the correct time. ( clocks changed the night before our arrival.)

Since we are in covid time, I expected a note reassuring me that extra cleaning had taken place. It was obvious it had not and in fact, there was a note informing us that the cottages have to sanitize their dishware and silverware only once a year and best we wash them before using.

And eggs were plenty, but really Banquet frozen sausage and rock hard frozen bread? Oh and the basket of what I envisioned: individually wrapped pastries and/or slices of banana bread with jams and jellies? A few pats of butter and a couple packages of jams were haphazardly thrown into a cheap plastic tray in the fridge.

Oh - and NO COFFEE FILTERS!! I noticed the checklist for the cleaning staff was posted inside the closet in the kitchen area...maybe that needs to be added?

The lack of attention to detail in what could be a cozy, welcoming spot in a beautiful part of Wisconsin shaded our opinion. For $200/night I am sure we could do better than Hawks View.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank lauriewD3172EU
Reviewed 17 August 2020

wanted to get away during COVID and thought we would chill in Fountain City. Stayed in the suites above the tasting room and enjoyed our time. Room was large and had full kitchen. King bed was a must. Fridge had eggs, sausage, bread to make our own breakfast. several restaurants in town to choose from. Room included to half bottles from the winery.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank JimOfMinn
Reviewed 20 July 2020 via mobile

Been going to Hawksview for 20 years. Have stayed in the individual cottages, and both lodges. You will not find another venue like this. The cottages are perched right in the bluffs above the tree tops. Be sure to have your hiking legs on as it is a very steep climb to the cottages and the drive up the hill is also very steep. We love them. They are quaint, with hardwood floors an windows all around. They have two person jacuzzi tubs, and they give you eggs, bread, orange juice, and sausages for you to make at your leisure. They also provide tea bags, coffee, jams, peanut butter and more. They are quite an experience and close to vineyards and the beautiful drive along Lake Pepin (Mississippi river). If you cannot climb stairs, there is one at the bottom which is also handicap accessible so you do not need to do all the steps. We love doing the step and being high up in the trees. We watched baby wrens being fed by their mom and dad and watched them attack a little red squirrel who got too close for their comfort level as they dive bombed him and pecked at him. Cottages are well appointed and have two floors - the bedroom is upstairs and there is a half bath on the first floor off the living area and kitchen. Red Tail is the largest and is our favorite but all are lovely. Cooper is up on the top with the most steps to climb. Hope this was helpful.

Date of stay: July 2020