All reviews the main house interpretive trail rail yard northern pacific john wayne cle elum railroad museum vintage photos national historic register train wreck private bath an amazing cook state park other guests crew change cabooses bunkhouse
Reviewed 16 April 2018

A weekend getaway was in the cards for us and our experience was wonderful. The B & B is a unique, historical place with each guest room honoring the story of a train engineer from times past. I enjoyed reading about the work and life on the trains. The rooms are comfortable and cozy, filled with lovely antiques and quilts. The other B, breakfast, is worth the stay by itself! Fresh baked goods, eggs from the chickens outside the window, and good coffee. (And good conversation with the congenial owners, if one is interested.) A respite for train buffs, history enthusiasts, and everyone else.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Owner at Iron Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Leanne and I appreciate your kind words. Peaceful is the word that we are trying to incorporate here and it is good to know that we are headed in the right direction.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

My husband and I went to the Iron Horse for our 7th anniversary. This past weekend we had the best time Leanne and Matt made it so special for us . The food was awesome. Their company at breakfast was great it was like we had known them for years, very comfortable surroundings. Gave everything a homey feeling.. Matt and Leanne's knowledge of the buildings history was amazing. Hope to see you this summer . Have to give a shout to Ethan their son is a very nice young man .. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving . Thank you for everything Pam & Tony

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Owner at Iron Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Leanne and I want to thank you for staying with us. It was a real treat getting to know you guys!

Regards,

Matt and Leanne

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We (my wife and I) stayed in the (Northern Pacific) Caboose and loved it. Charming room, great whirlpool tub. The bed was very high off the ground (almost too high). Breakfast the next day was great, (eggs from their own chickens) and Matt and LeAnne are just wonderful.

Would recommend this place highly

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Owner at Iron Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

LeAnne and I want to thank you for your kind words and for spending some time with us. We're glad that we meet your expectations, and look forward to seeing you again!
Cheers,

MAtt and Leanne MArtinson

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The new owners are friendly and welcoming. Off the main part of town, rooms in the inn are quiet and comfortable. The two-course breakfast had options for everyone. I will be staying here again when coming across I-90 for business in Ellensburg.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hi there,
Leanne and I want to thank you for such a positive review, and we are really glad that you had a great time here with us. We look forward to seeing you again, and we will keep the coffee on!
Cheers,
Matt and LEanne

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I bicycled from North Bend to Cle Elum on the John Wayne Iron Horse Trail and stayed at this B&B just off the trail in South Cle Elum. The place is like a railroad museum and the rooms are very comfortable and super clean. The owner was nice enough to run us and our bicycles back up to Snoqualmie Pass the day we left as the weather had started to turn bad and we wanted to shorten our return ride. They do have a nice hot tub but we were too tired to use it. The hosts were excellent and the breakfast was superb! Very quiet too.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a shared bath and it was a great deal. I peeked at the other rooms and they all looked nice.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Owner at Iron Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for such a positive review. We take pride in our work and building great relationships. Leanne and I truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you after your next ride.