Lake Quinault Lodge(Quinault)
  • Pool
All reviewsgeneral storethe salmon house restaurantview of the lakelake quinaultspruce treesitka sprucehiking trailsgrilled salmonpicture windowfront windowolympic national parkjetted tublarge treesgas fireplacequeen bedwi fian update
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

The location of this place can’t be beat. Sweeping views of the lake and proximity to many of the best hiking trails...plus Mossquatch! Be sure to look for him.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Cabins were cute but a bit dated and we didn’t ever try the Salmon House because it seemed depressing. We are down the street.

An update to rooms and restaurant would make this place top notch. Still loved my stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen W
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Perhaps our room was the only one like this, but there was no deadbolt lock on the door of our room which led directly to the outside. Regardless of where you are, in today's environment, I consider this a safety essential. Perhaps it wouldn't have bothered me so much if we hadn't had three good old boys in the room next door to us. I would not consider staying here again until this is changed.

The room did have a gorgeous view of the lake, although it had not been updated since the 1950's- with wood paneling in the room and a TV that got 4 local channels. There is no phone in the room, cellphones did not work in the area, and neither did our wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2017

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I received a room with an incredible view of the lake. Probably the best view I've ever had from my hotel bed.
The room is clean and has everything you need. The place is close to the road but still very quiet (I believe the windows are thick double glass).
There is a restaurant right near by (tasty with a nice view), and many treks around the area to explore.
Only down-side is that some treks are deeper into the area and are 30-45 minutes away. so check that out if you are on a time constraint.
I will certainly return to stay here. Super nice for a romantic gateway.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank y_London
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I have stayed at this resort many times and prefer it to the Quinault Lodge as it is quieter and cheaper. This time was at Cabin 7 with a large jacuzzi tub and amazing view of the lake (cabin also had a fireplace, microwave, little fridge, hair dryer and coffee maker). The bed was very comfortable and being by the store was handy for last minute things. Check in/out was a breeze. TV only had 3-4 channels, but then again you aren't there to watch TV. Salmon House Restaurant/Lounge (opens at 4) had great food as well.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I've stayed at my fair share of older lodges/cabins/motels in small towns that were close to a National Park, so consider that context when reading my review. This was no chain hotel, but it was a nice little place to stay really close to the park with a very quaint feel and a wonderful view..

Good things:
- The view of Lake Quinault was beautiful. The room was set up with a huge window and a deck so you could watch from the deck or from indoors with the heater. All we had to do was cross the street to watch the sunset on the lake shore.
- Everything worked (coffee maker, heaters, toilet, lights, etc)
- Everything was clean (no bugs or stains)
- The little shop where you check in had essentials you could buy
- You can walk to the Largest Sitka Spruce tree
- Close drive to the National Park

Things to note: (for those who are pickier about where they stay/amenities)
- The TV in the room was quite small, maybe 20"? Didn't bother us because that wasn't why we were out there, but just FYI
- The towels like many hotels were pretty rough, since they've probably been washed several times
- Late at night and early in the morning, we could hear our neighbors quite clearly through the walls (they were a particularly talkative group)

Room Tip: I think they're all designed to have lake views, so you can't go wrong. I preferred 2nd story.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple