“Brunch!”

The Mouse Trap
Ranked #7 of 14 Shopping in Olympia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Olympia's first and only specialty cheese shop, The Mouse Trap offers a wide selection of cheeses from all over the world in addition to local farmstead gems. There is also a wide range of cheese wares, wine, and cheese accompaniments to choose from. Come in and sample cheeses in the case, get some pairing advice, and put together a cheese tray.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Kind of late by a month but wanted to make sure I posted. Came here for brunch with my mom and aunt. We’ve never been here before but have heard of it and I follow them on Instagram, plus we love cheese! Cute little place with not just cheese but other items like wine, crackers, charcuterie, jams, tapanades,etc. Brunch is a 5 course set menu but it changes every week which it pretty neat and they always post the menu for that week’s brunch on their Facebook. We didn’t know that before going in and were pleasantly surprised by everything we got. Some things we knew and some we didn’t but that’s the beauty and enjoyment of it all as it’s dishes inspired by the chef’s creativity and it opens your minds and taste buds to new things. We enjoyed everything there. The waiter came and explained every dish every time and we were checked on by their staff to make sure we were enjoying our time. Food was delicious, staff were very respectful and sweet. Also bought some fig jam and Parmesan crisps before leaving and definitely need to go back for more!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

The lady working here had the music up so loud we had to scream to ask questions then she was a really rude. We would have purchased more items but with her poor attitude, we just took a small item and left.

1  Thank ferret0510
Alexandra G, Owner at The Mouse Trap, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thanks for reaching out. I remember you and your friend coming into the shop and getting Clothbound Cheddar. I am so sorry if my behavior came across as anything other than polite and respectful. Customer satisfaction is my top priority, and it was certainly not my intent for you to leave dissatisfied.
Please accept my heartfelt apologies and know that we will try to do better next time.
Best,
Alex

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Cheese wine jams crackers chocolates oils . So much good stuff. Weekly specials and cheese trays to go. Great personal service. Give it a try ! You might find your new favorite shop!

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

What a neat idea! So glad to find this new little shop downtown! I called and requested a cheese platter to take along for a wine tasting adventure for my hubby & I. I really didn't know what I wanted , I'm not real cheese knowledgeable, just told her I needed some cheese to go with wine & chocolate. She put together the perfect cheese platter & travel bag with napkins chocolates pickles prosciutto some crackers and this Amazing jar of preserves that went perfectly with the wine. I would definitely recommend this place and we will definitely be back soon & looking forward to it!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 April 2016

This is a fairly new little shop in Olympia. Learned about it from Our Table restaurant; the restaurant purchases cheese from The Mouse Trap. I found an excellent selection of cheeses from France, Spain, and the Northwest. Cow, goat, and sheep cheeses available. The store also stocks some wine and groceries consisting of various mustards, jams, pates, and other foods that complement cheese and wine. A great addition to Olympia.

1  Thank Bob S