All reviews bedroom condo mountain inn copper mine ski rental the main lodge stoney creek nature center lift tickets indoor pool during ski season pots and pans small kitchen shuttle service bit dated this past weekend full kitchen living area
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Stayed here mid August. Given room in main building above reception, facing the slope. No lifts to get bags upstairs. No trolley to empty car. On entering room, pleased at first as the room included a separate seating area, then upstairs to two beds and the bathroom. The main area downstairs was clean. The main door in to the room did not lock and the rear sliding door to see outside did not lock either. When upstairs, the bathroom was in extremely poor condition as mould on the shower curtain, mould on the shower handle and it was coming apart, loads of grout missing all over the tiled areas, two cracks in the toilet basin itself which were full of brown bacteria. filthy and snapped toilet brush. We decided to complain In the morning, but on going to bed, when pulling back the sheets on one of the beds, the mattress at the bottom was fully exposed as the sheet was far too small for the bed. The second bed was incredibly soft so we both kept on rolling in to each other during the night. Also, the air conditioning was very loud in other people's rooms, despite ours not even being on. This made us on our first night having very little sleep. We complained the next morning, we made a list and spoke to reception. They agreed to swap us for the next three nights in to a lodge room.
The main point is that how can a resort, charging as much as they do, consider that it is acceptable for them to put people in rooms of this extremely poor standard.
We had included to stay at this resort for two reasons:
1. It was our wedding anniversary while we were there, so we thought a bit of luxury .... obviously not !!!
2. I was previewing this ski resort as a potential place to run a school trip from the UK in the next year or two years. These first 6 hours of being at this resort made us completely unhappy with this resort and just could not see us two coming back here, never mind a ski group of about 50 people.
This resort needs updating majorily and I can't see how they are continuing to get away with charging the expensive room rates that they do.

Date of stay: August 2018
Director_Hospitality, Manager at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hello Chris,
I apologize the room was not up to our standards and caused inconvenience as well.
We manage many privately owned units, with a vast variety of options, amenities, and price ranges.
We do have minimum standards of cleanliness and repair as well, which will be closely
inspected, audited and addressed with this unit.
We will follow-up with the ownership of that unit and assure it is fixed and deep cleaned before renting again.
We'd appreciate a chance to earn your business in the future.
If I can ever be of assistance in helping make a visit special, please don't hesistate to contact me.

mhammes@wintergreenresort.com

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for tennis tournament, booked 2 bedroom condo through resort, got Highlands unit 1419.

Cons - photos speak for themselves. Unit in need of a deep clean, paint, handyman to spend a day fixing the numerous things falling apart due to years of wear and year and neglect. Old furniture and fixtures need to eventually be updated. If not updated, then spruced up and repaired, restained or painted etc. Outlets so old and worn our phone chargers would just fall out. Moldy smell in bathroom. Housekeeping terrible, did not leave clean towels first day, did not take trash 2nd day. Only make beds, no vacuuming, nothing else.

Pros - Manager Tammy super nice, was appreciative of feedback we gave and bought us dinner on last night. May consider coming back to newer unit only because of her great customer service. Views are amazing, deer and chipmunks, Shelly at tennis shop was the best and remembered everyone's names. Spa was awesome, don't miss wine tasting at Vine. Great sandwiches at the Market.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mariareier
Director_Hospitality, Manager at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
I apologize the condo was not up to our expectations.
We have a great deal of variety in our lodging options but our minimum standards are certainly higher than what you mentioned.
It's good to hear our team sincerely attempted to remedy your difficulties and some great experiences happened.

We will followup and address the points you mentioned and appreciate the chance to make it right going forward.
Don's hesitate to reach out if I can assist in making a return visit special and memorable

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We had w fantastic time here! Spacious condo with an amazing forever view! Beautiful well groomed golf courses and great restaurants. Charlottesville is less than an hour away so this was a good “home base” for visiting historic sites and wineries. And the weather was cool and the air fresh. Can’t wait to come back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 989peggyd

We appreciate you sharing your time at our resort and enjoying our great location.
We hope to see you again soon!
Please let me know if I can ever assist

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Memorable weekend getaway attending the Wintergreen Summer Music Festival & Academy. We stayed at The Wintergreen Mountain Inn (also confusingly called The Lodge although none of the signage uses that name). The music festival performances were held in a large pavilion tent set up on the slope with a serene view of the valley. Every performance we attended was entertaining and excellent. All our meals at The Edge & The Coppermine were quite good.

Reservation staff was very friendly and helpful. Staying at the Lodge gives you access to the aquatic center and I think the spa facilities and maybe the tennis center. But note that you are charged a resort fee of around $14 daily for this privilege, which I was not informed about when making my reservation. Assuming extra charges apply for tennis and spa facilities~we didn’t use them.

Another fact worth noting is that the main lodge does not have an elevator. To access rooms, you need to ascend a couple flights of stairs. Also, the bedroom and bathroom were located up a flight of stairs inside our room in the lodge.

The room contained a kitchenette and dining table that seated six. The furniture appeared new and was comfortable. An oddity never before seen was a bicycle lock on the sleeper sofa! They must have an additional charge for more than two guests per room, so this enforces that rule...

The shopping area on the main level of the lodge was undergoing renovations. The boutique looked quite nice, but wasn’t open when we were exploring after dinner.

Route 151 which leads up the resort entrance in the valley, offers up 5 wineries, 3 breweries and at least one cidery, as well as the second Wintergreen golf course. Plenty of attractions to keep you busy for days. Looking forward to returning soon...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeutschDame
Director_Hospitality, Manager at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hello Dawn,
It is our pleasure to hear of your recent stay with us.
It sounds like you had a great time and we certainly hope you can visit us again in the future.
Our property is unique and no two room are the same, but most say that's part of our charm.

Thanks very much for sharing your experience!

Wintergreen Resort

Reviewed 21 July 2018

I don’t typically write a review once visiting a place. If my family enjoys it, we go back. If they don’t, we just remember not to return. But I must say, Wintergreen impressed us. From the initial phone call, to the day of check out we enjoyed every minute of it. I had the pleasure of working with Ms. Paige in reservations. I told her we were flexible on dates but wanted something with a nice view and enough bedding. Her knowledge of the property and current events were impeccable. She really “sold” me on what Wintergreen had to offer. Check in was a breeze and easy to locate. The condo. Beautiful! All condos are individually owned, but you can tell someone takes pride in the one we stayed in. It was furnished very nicely and VERY clean. We ate at the “Bistro” and the “Edge.” Two very different choices but both great. My husband and son golfed a couple rounds and really enjoyed Devils Knob. My daughter, mother-in law and I indulged in some services at the Spa and it was well worth it. The property is so relaxing with great views. We never expected to have such a great time, as we normally vacation in Florida. But fortunately, Lake Monocan provided the water therapy we needed. Thanks again,

-Kim

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Vacay_all_day63
Director_Hospitality, Manager at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Hello Kim,
Thank you so much for sharing your note on your stay!
We are thrilled y'all had such a great time at our resort.
We've shared this with the team and please let me know if I can ever assist in a return visit!
Have a great weekend!