“Underwhelmed”

Ranked #9 of 360 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a disappointment. Was looking forward to a Prime Rib dinner and then wished I hadn’t decided to eat here. Service was slow. It took at minimum 10 minutes for my waiter to get to me. Wasn’t his fault. He was overwhelmed. They need to get more help. After ordering my meal I asked for bread. Was told that rolls should be right out of the oven and I would get them. Well when served they were cold. When my soup arrived it was stone cold. Then I got my main course. The Prime Rib was adequate at best. Very poor quality of beef. My scallops were cold but had a nice taste. My baked potato was served hot. I watched people seated after me being served their food. I heard comments from the kitchen saying they need my waiters Prime Rib up. I don’t blame my waiter as I feel he did the best he could based on the situation. I still ripped him over 20% because it wasn’t is fault. Can’t take it out on the waiter when he has no control. Won’t be visiting again.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stopped here for a nice dinner while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. Everything was clean, staff was friendly. A little disappointed with the Prime Rib after reading all the reviews but overall a nice restaurant.

Reviewed 30 March 2021

We enjoyed our first visit here. The service was traditional and excellent and our glasses never went empty. The food was tremendous and well worth the moderate cost. They even accommodated us when we made our reservation online with the wrong Aberdeen Barn. We are now fans and we will certainly return.

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

Our meal was fantastic! Ron our waiter was superb. He suggested the bacon wrapped scallop appetizer & they were amazing. We both had Delmonico steaks & they were delicious!

Reviewed 27 March 2021

Visit Aberdeen Barn often for special occasions. The service and food quality are consistently first-rate. Our server, Harrison James provide a high-level of professional and personal service. Harris is friendly and heplful. He offered an overview of not only the restaurant, but also suggested some local Williamsburg attractions that might suit our interests. Harrison also reviewed the dinner selections and suggested a few items. The house specialty of roast beef and/or steaks were highly recommended. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our cooked-to-order(med. well) NY Strip steaks. Excellent dinner! Thank you Harrison for your high-quality service level.