“Generous with the toppings!”
Review of Windy City Pizza

Windy City Pizza
Ranked #161 of 1,583 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 31 May 2018

The pizza was awesome. Based on the website I didn’t expect much but this place really delivered on the pizza. We called in the order and picked it up. It was not conventionally sliced which was actually a good thing. The people were friendly. The crust on the pizza was really good. They did not skimp on the toppings and I was very surprised. The ingredients seemed to be high quality and I say that because the food didn’t go right through me like other pizza places. I would definitely go back if I was in the area again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This is my favorite pizza in VB. Try it! Many food items I've seen served there look great, but the pizza is the star of the show for me and the reason we keep going back. I like both the thin crust and traditional crust; the deep dish is too much for me (I want to be able to eat multiple pieces!). The pizzas are cut into easy-to-eat squares. Many key ingredients are imported from Chicago; the cheese is from Wisconsin. This is a smaller, modest venue, tucked-back a tad off the road, but we have never had to wait for a table.The restaurant is decorated with Chicago memorabilia. Carry-out and eat-in service is always pleasant. Try it, you will love it. Beer and pizza -- at its best.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I met some friends at Windy City Pizza last night for our Tuesday night pizza gathering. We had been before but several in the group had never been. I have to say this may be the best pizza in this area. It does take a while to make but they let you know that right up front and I believe it’s also stated in the menu. Just know that it will be very worth the wait!
My wife and I split a medium Cicero pizza with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers. It was a great combination of flavors on a delicious crispy crust with a very tasty sauce. The others got the deep dish Chicago style and they all thoroughly enjoyed them. There was plenty to eat and we all ended up taking some home.
Our server Cassandra was very attentive and kept our drinks full and made sure we had anything we needed.
We will definitely be back in the near future. You are missing out if you don’t check this place out!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We just jumped off the highway and decided that the first restaurant on our side of the highway woukd get our business. Here sat this little Windy City Pizza shoo in this luttle strip mall and I thought perhaps this was the wrong approach.
WRONG! The waitress seated us, explained the entire menu, took our order and shortly thereafter delivered the best pizza I have ever eaten. We ordered the large thin crust pizza with pepperoni and sausage. We ate every bit of it. Trust me you will not be disappointed if you choose to eat at this great puzza shop.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My son and I were looking for a good pizza place while vacationing in Virginia Beach. As we scanned the list of available places, we saw a listing for Windy City Pizza. We were intrigued by the description of their deep dish Chicago style pizza and the good rating that the Pizzeria had received......and having been to Chicago for the “real deal” back in May 2017, we were willing to give it a try. No disappointment......it was very, very good! That nice crisp buttery crust was awesome!! Hope to go back again before leaving this area.