Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Perfect Boat Tour

Four adults took the Military Awareness/Dolphin Tour on Memorial Day, and it was fantastic! Dom... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Voyager14019
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Awesome Sunset cruise with Dolphins

Reviewed 16 March 2021
loganmF1991DY
via mobile

All reviews captain jay navy seal training retired navy boat tour hat patriots ship norfolk seals knowledge lesson ride
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

The captain was extremely nice and gave us a brief history lesson on how the origin of SEALs in WWII. We were able to see dolphins closer than any boat ride I’ve been on, it was a GREAT experience 10/10 would go again!

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 15 October 2020

Loved the tour of Patriotic Cruises. Jay knew the area very well and gave us an interesting tour of Virginia Beach and lessons of the Area, including Navel and waterway info. The Nature out in the water came at us as we saw many dolphins and even 2 Sea Turtles. WE had a Great Time and felt like we were in Good Hands!

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 28 August 2020

Great experience . While in Virginia Beach I suggest everyone to go experience the patriotic excursion. Once the captain and his wife realize that it was our honeymoon they stopped the boat so that we can catch the sunset it was so beautiful.
While on the water we were able to see dolphins, beautiful sunset the two light houses. The captain and his wife were very experienced, kind, beautiful people with knowledge.Thank you for this great experience

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 28 July 2020

Let me start off by saying the young lady who was the deck-hand was very friendly and did a pretty good job. However, the rest of the trip was very terrible. My wife and I have 5 children and this is the first vacation with just the two of us that we have been able to go on since we have been married. Deep Sea fishing has been something I have wanted to do since I was a child and even though $500 was a crap load of money to us we decided to do this instead of a few other smaller things.
We scheduled the 7 am trip trying to beat the heat. We arrived 25 minutes early but they were nowhere near ready at 7 and we didn't get started until 8 am, no big deal time doesn't start until we leave the dock. So once we are on the water we start off by trolling for Mackerel about 300 yards off shore. We caught 12 small one maybe 2lbs each or so in a little over an hour. It was "okay", definitely not what I expected. Once a fish was on the deck hand would grab the rod and set the hook and hand us the rod then we would reel it in most of the way and she would take over again from there, removing the fish and even casting the lure out for us again. We were not allowed to even cast out ourselves. Again, not horrible but not much fun either. We did this for 1 hr 15 mins. After that is when things got very ridiculous. We were on a 4 hour trip so we still have almost 3 hours left when they asked if we wanted to keep doing that or if we wanted to go out and go sight fishing and try and get some bigger fish. So of course we agreed to that it sounded much more fun than what were doing. Boy was I wrong! For the next 2 hrs 45 mins we NEVER even touched a fishing pole, not even ONCE!! We just drove around in the boat back and forth over and over again. Every once in awhile stopping for about 1 - 2 minutes next to random buoy's while the Captain and the deck hand each made 1-2 casts each. They didn't even allow us to be the one's to cast out. I mean seriously! I was under the impression when you go deep sea fishing that you would get to actually cast out and have at least a slight possibly of catching a fish. Once again I was very wrong!! I am not upset about not catching any fish during that time I am however very upset about not even having an opportunity to catch a fish. On the way back we met up with another boat from a different company and gave them our fishing poles that he had apparently borrowed for our trip. What kind of fishing excursion company doesn't have their own fishing poles?... After that we went back to the dock where he was very aggressive in telling me that I owed an additional $100 tip for the deck hand. I had $87 in my pocket thinking this was more than fair for the service we had received for the 1 hour she was actually able to assist us. After I tell him this is what I have on me he gets mad and says just give her whatever you got... Seriously man? I just spent right under $600 to have a fishing pole in my hand a total of no more than 10 - 15 minutes MAX! I never write reviews like this but I have never felt more ripped off and taken advantage of in my entire life. I'm sure the trip would have been fine if it were just a dolphin tour or a site seeing trip but as a deep sea fishing trip it was very obvious that this is not something they usually do. Their was no live bait on the boat whatsoever. All they had was the lures that were already on the reels that they borrowed from the other company.
Hopefully this saves someone from having the same experience and ruining Deep Sea Fishing for them from here on out. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a better experience. Good luck and hope this helps someone down the road.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 12 July 2020

Took out the Patriot with Claudio, had the best time! Got to see dolphins, got to drive and got WET!! Bring a change of clothes wet but really nice given how hot it is in July.
Definitely the best way to site see on the water.

Date of experience: July 2020