Sheraton Tysons Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Tysons Corner Marriott(Tysons Corner)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutdoor poolthe club loungenice hotelmetro stationhotel lobbybusiness travelerunderground parkingdulles airportdc areaspring hillfitness centermini fridgeshuttle servicebusiness tripwalmartconferencebrix
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

In my previous review I made a number of observations and it seems this property took them to heart. Overall great check in, requests always promptly answered, great housekeeping and professional all around. Everything a good hotel is supposed to be. It doesn’t get my highest rating because their restaurant isn’t that good and their coffee service is subpar. Other than that, this place is definitely back on my go column.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Kelly S, Director of Operations at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Good day,

Thank you so much for sharing this experience. We do our best to take our guests challenges and concerns and prevent them from reoccurring and I am pleased you saw a difference in your stay. We are continuing to make improvements to The Marketplace and Crossroads Bar & Grill, which includes new menus and atmosphere. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards and Happy New Years!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Unfortunately, this hotel did not live up tot he Sheraton fame. here are two buildings: a very tall one and an adjacent lower one (3-4 floors). We stayed in the lower in a room that was overlooking the year (which was good, because it was quiet).

First the PROS: the hotel is about 15 miles away (15-20 min) from Dulles airport (IAD). So it is convenient if you have an early morning international flight. Also, the personnel at the reception are polite and professional and the rooms are quite spacious. The hotel has a gym and two swimming pools: indoors and outdoors. The outdoors swimming pool was closed when we went. During my stay, i did not see anyone swimming in the indoors swimming pool.

The CONS now: the hotel is seriously outdated. In many places in the corridor, you could see that the paint has started falling out. The room itself had damages (see pictures) and gave me the feeling of NEGLECT. You could see a stain in the ceiling (previous leak that was repaired badly?) and the bed lamp and toilet seat had rips or cracks. Also the room had an odor. Probably this is because the windows do not open and I couldn't see any fan in the bathroom. The room has a safe, but mine was left locked and I could not open it. The reception promised to send someone to fix it, but no one came. So overall, I was very disappointed.

Other things: to reach there from DCA National airport, the Metro station is a short (~10 min) walk from Spring Hill station on the Silver line. Around the hotel there is not much to do. However there is a Walmart for groceries (the rooms have refrigerators), and there are few decent restaurants (I found the Mediterranean, Indian and Asian to be pretty good for the area). The hotel is probably charging $2.50 for a bottle of water (it is unclear, because there was a tag "free and clear", but this seemed to refer to the environment and the recyclability of the bottle, not the water in it), but you can find more economic water in the nearby Walmart.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a high floor in the high rise building and preferably to face away from the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Kelly S, Director of Operations at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Good day,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I appreciate you sharing both the positive and for improvement feedback so we can recognize the team and then address the challenges; the follow up from our team in particular, as this is not our standard. Thank you for being our guest and please do consider us if your journey brings you back to the Northern Virginia, DC area so you can see how your feedback allowed us to improve.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Stayed 4 days here and experienced the kind of low quality and unconcerned service that you expect at a place that thinks it has a captive market.

I asked for a "quiet room", and got one right next to the elevator and above an active construction site. I told them the TV had white dotted lines on multiple channels, but that never got fixed. Last morning I had a cold shower, front desk told me it was "probably the cold weather". You couldn't get a shuttle bus when you wanted one.

The location has a handful of restaurants around, but no bars or coffee shops. There is a Walmart next door, which is handy.

The hotel bar doesn't have a setup that allows more than about 5 people to talk together. At least the server was friendly and helpful, although obviously overwhelmed whenever a few large groups showed up at the same time.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Kelly S, Director of Operations at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Good day,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am sorry your stay fell short of our standards. We are in the midst of redoing Crossroads Bar and Grill. The seating will be more accommodating to guests who want to have a larger social environment. I am sorry you did not receive the quiet room you requested and did not have a hot shower. I will ensure this is addressed with the appropriate department leaders. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I never write bad reviews, but the gentleman at the front desk whose name I can’t remember, made my stay not only uncomfortable but if there were more time I would’ve made a formal complaint. I will not go into the details on this forum; however, the overall lack of customer service at this location is surprising to say the least. Front desk employees have been less than welcoming on more than one occasion by either ignoring that you are in line - looking at their computer screen. Then rudely asking “yes?” Or giving you the eyebrow to come forward.
On my most recent stay for a major DoD convention, the staff was just as rude and it makes no difference if you’re a so called elite member as I am. I’m very loyal to the Marriott brand, but stay clear of this particular hotel when possible. It’s clearly in need of better leaders in management positions.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Good day,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am so sorry to hear you encountered such a poor welcome to our hotel. This is not typical of our front office team and I will look into the matter to see what happened and prevent it in the future. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and please do consider allowing us the opportunity to welcome you back when you return to Tysons, Virginia.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

It’s been the worst ! Starts with the crew working there & ends up with losing my clothes i gave it the laundry and nobody cares about that !! Really so bad hotel .
Also, most of the rooms are smelly and not clean as it should be ..

Stayed: December 2017
Kelly S, Director of Operations at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Good Day,

Thank you for being our guest. I am sorry to read that your experience was not up to our standards or your expectations. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with me directly if you are still missing laundry so I can ensure this is taken care of for you. We strive to ensure our guests leave with a positive lasting impression and I am sorry we fell short during your recent stay.