“Floridians braving arctic blast”

Founding Farmers- Tysons
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers- Tysons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Founding Farmers Tysons is a farmer owned restaurant that offers fresh food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch with ingredients sourced from near and far, from sources we trust, in a modern farmhouse setting. The bar is not to be missed, offering delicious scratch sodas, craft cocktails, and an all Virginia draught beer list; we'll have just the thing to quench your thirst. Approximately 30% of the menu includes items inspired by the culinary traditions of Virginia in a modern way. Weekend brunch at Founding Farmers Tysons is BUFFET style, with a wide array of breakfast, lunch, salad, entree, and dessert options.
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We were staying at Tysons Corner over New Years , we chose it because it was close by. We had a great meal , everything was very fresh . Interestingly they don’t serve bread but make you purchase a corn bread appetizer? We found that unusual,

Reviewed 10 January 2018

when we were scheduled to come here for a business dinner, i knew the atmosphere would be comfortable, fun and the dishes would be creative - if not good. I had been to its DC sister a few times and it had not inspired me too much, particular the subsequent visits. But we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and a few of the dishes in particular. the service for our table of 12 was excellent, preceded by a great and friendly couple of rounds at the rectangular bar.

the raw oysters were good, skillet cornbread and buttermilk ham biscuits, farrow salad and spinach bacon blu salads very good. most of the entrees had were good and well prepared. the cauliflower steak risotto entree was excellent, and the ribeye and steak frites were pretty good.

the standout of the evening was the house made bucatini with chicken bolognese. i had my doubts about the professed housemade pastas despite the earnest and believable affirmation of our server. but when he asked me if i had had bucatini before wanting to be sure i would have no problems with the al dente delivery of the bucatini (which wold expect), i suspected the pastas were indeed house made. the chicken bolognese was flavorful, crumbly like a traditional bolognese and the blend of cheese and tomato was absolutely delicious. i would eat this dish several times a week if i could.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Dined here for the first time in December with my family and my parents. The food and service were excellent but the dining room was very noisy and it was difficult to hold a conversation with others at the table. Everyone enjoyed their meals but the salmon was especially delicious. There were so many choices on the menu that it was quite difficult to decide what to order. We will definitely dine here again the next time we are in the area!

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hi there Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so happy you enjoyed such a nice meal with your family. To enjoy a more intimate experience, we are always happy to seat our guests in some of the booths along the mezzanine window, these tend to be quieter, for guests that do not enjoy the hustle and bustle of the dining room.
We hope to see you the next time you are in Tysons!

Cheers,
Julie

Reviewed 6 January 2018

The food is very good and I love the concept of food from local farms and very fresh. They make their own ice cream, YUMMIE! I am gluten free and they were able to accommodate me but, I can never understand restaurants that can't provide gluten free bread/rolls, etc., especially when there are plenty of local bakeries that do gluten free baked goods. Service was not the best, I clearly stated my allergy and was served the wrong meal, had to wait for my meal to be redone while my husband was just about done when I finally was served. This is a noisy place so we booked a quieter time, restaurant was very empty and we were seated right next to another (annoying) couple. Hostess needs to consider this when restaurant is this empty.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Can't speak highly enough about this brunch- in line with some extravagant places in Las Vegas or Dubai, they serve everything someone would one to stuff themselves silly. The french toast was my highlight and the dessert bar was to die for.

Hi there,

Thank you for the kind review. We are so happy to read you had a wonderful time at our beautiful brunch. The French Toast is always a fan favorite!

Hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,