“Good food but overbooked always”

Founding Farmers- Tysons
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers- Tysons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Founding Farmers Tysons is a farmer owned restaurant that offers fresh food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch with ingredients sourced from near and far, from sources we trust, in a modern farmhouse setting. The bar is not to be missed, offering delicious scratch sodas, craft cocktails, and an all Virginia draught beer list; we'll have just the thing to quench your thirst. Approximately 30% of the menu includes items inspired by the culinary traditions of Virginia in a modern way. Weekend brunch at Founding Farmers Tysons is BUFFET style, with a wide array of breakfast, lunch, salad, entree, and dessert options.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food and concept of FF restaurants is really quite good for gatherings,but they always over book reservations at all locations. Be aware you will have a long wait even with confirmed reservation.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback- I am so glad to read how much you enjoyed the food during your recent trip to Founding Farmers in Tysons, I am sorry to hear about the delayed seating!

Please know that addressing this issue is really our Managers' TOP priority, and we are working everyday to improve our seating system. Thank you for bringing this problem to my attention, and I’m so glad that your visit took such a positive turn after you were seated.

We look forward to having you back for another tasty meal!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Made my reservation through OpenTable for their Buffet. I checked in ON TIME, then waited nearly an hour ( and several requests later) to be seated. Instead of the yummy foods photographed on their website, I found chaos at the “buffet”. Worse yet, many sternos meant to keep the hot food hot wet not lit. Many items like gravy and hash browns, were lukewarm while condiments and mystery “spreads” were not stored over ice. No sneeze guards while dozens of people picked through it all ( gross). As if the poor food handling was not enough, the quantities of standard items like breads were not sufficient. Bread baskets and salads were empty. The carving station had no salmon, a few slices of turkey, and cold scrambled eggs. ( raw egg products being prepped within a few inches of cooked meats. ( yikes). When paying guests lined u for the sliced beef, small portions ( @1 1/2-2lb) cuts were dropped off with the poor carver who never had enough product to serve.
I was at the point of no return and knew I would not trust the buffet, so I sat down and ordered from the menu. Reminded the waitress that I had previously sent a note about my allergies and asked if she was aware. She wasn’t. No surprise because this place has absolutely no communication. She tried her best but after more than 10 minutes, she came back to me with just a couple of options, I ordered the fish of the day prepared simply with lemon and butter and a side order of fried green tomatoes. Told her I would take the fried green tomatoes as soon as they were ready.After another 25 minutes of waiting for “fried green tomatoes “ (25minutes to FRY tomatoes?), my tea was cold, my stomach was still empty. But the final straw was seeing the table next to me turn over and they receive drinks and appetizers before I got a piece of bread. My total investment: arrived at 1:10 for a 1:15 reservation, was seated at 2:25, ordered from the menu at 2:45, waited till 3 o’clock and I left. I wonder if founding farmers ever found my fish.
TIP: make your reservation at least an hour before you actually want to sit down and eat. Check to make sure that food is kept at proper temperatures. If you decide to stay, order off the menu when you know the food will come out hot.
TIP FOR MANAGEMENT: invest in a proper buffet set up which will keep your food at safe serve temperature. Retrain your hostess staff. Communicate with your guests. And it wouldn’t hurt you to offer your waiting customers a free cup of coffee.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. It is our goal to knock your socks off with every dish, and I’m so sorry that we failed to do so. We read each review and use them to make improvements. We want to make changes so that everything you try ‘wows’ you! Unoriginal and uninspired is not how we want to be described and I am so sorry you felt that way. We don't want to feel like a chain restaurant, we want to feel like a home! I would love to hear more details about your recent trip, so that we can use your experience as a learning experience and also make it up to you! I can be reached at Julie@farmersrestaurantgroup.com

I hope that you give us another chance in the future! I know we have the ability to provide you with delicious, perfectly prepared food and I hope we get a chance to prove it to you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Usually I go to D.C. location of FF, but didn't want to drive into city, so I went to Tysons one on Saturday morning. They serve brunchfor $32, which is a lot even for Tysons standards. I got there at 9:15am and was able to get a seat without reservation, but it did get full quickly. Food doesn't taste any good, eggs Benedict was cold and I had to wait for it for l15 minutes. Meats were over cooked even sauce didn't help with taste. Never again I will go here for brunch.

Hi There Ilya,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant is crowded for a reason...a good reason. Due to a traffic accident, we arrived late as apparently did everyone else. The wait time was about 45 minutes, so we waited our time at the bar and chatted. The staff was amazing. The waiters and waitresses were amazing. The knowledge of the menu, ingredients, preparation and general topics of conversation were wonderful and refreshing. All the staff was engaging and friendly. I wish other restaurants had this quality of staffing! Can't wait to go back to this area just for this restaurant. (I had the beef tartare and the campfire trout - it was sooooo worth the wait!)

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I am thrilled to read about your recent experience at Founding Farmers in Tysons! We want you to count on us to deliver a wide variety of options of fresh, flavorful food every time you eat with us and based on your review, it sounds like we have accomplished our goal.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So good... actually great! Ate there two nights in a row. Louis was a fantastic waiter!! Kettle corn and corn bread is Amazing... and the doughnuts... omgoodness!!! Carrot Cake was best ever had. The atmosphere is top notch... so unique. Mac and cheese is best in this world... everything is FRESH... not boxes or trucked in!!! Country Fried steak dinner is a must try.. ya get the donut with it people!!! Wish I lived close... would devour this place frequently!!!

Hi There,

We look forward to seeing you again soon!