“Amazing Food”

Founding Farmers- Tysons
Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Founding Farmers Tysons is a farmer owned restaurant that offers fresh food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch with ingredients sourced from near and far, from sources we trust, in a modern farmhouse setting. The bar is not to be missed, offering delicious scratch sodas, craft cocktails, and an all Virginia draught beer list; we'll have just the thing to quench your thirst. Approximately 30% of the menu includes items inspired by the culinary traditions of Virginia in a modern way. Weekend brunch at Founding Farmers Tysons is BUFFET style, with a wide array of breakfast, lunch, salad, entree, and dessert options.
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Took a colleague to lunch. Good thing we had a reservation - this place is huge and it was packed. There is adjacent parking garage, but likely you will be on the upper decks, so be prepared to walk or use the stairs to get to the restaurant given parking is shared by several businesses (Founding Farmers has some identified spaces, but these are minimal).

Now for the two most important elements - the food and the service. We were doing lunch, so you get a lunch/dinner menu. Appetizers were great- we split the hot crab and roasted corn spread. I think there was a half pound of fresh lump crab in that appetizer. Truly enough for 4 people, but we made most of it go away into very happy tummies.

I had the bacon cheeseburger... ok, I took half home. Delicious and actually cooked to perfection (medium rare). My colleague had the chicken and waffles/donut. She took over half of it home as well.

As to service, very knowledgeable about the various dishes. They were quite busy, so a little slow, but I didn't mind. We also happened to be sitting near an owner/manager/farmer, who was taste testing multiple new dishes with help from the chefs. Fascinating to watch.

Mind you, not inexpensive, but worth the money. Perhaps will visit for a special brunch!

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience- I’m so happy to read how much you enjoyed your recent meal at Founding Farmers in Tysons. Providing you with the total package- delicious food, excellent service and comfortable atmosphere- is exactly what we strive for. I’m delighted this matches your review!

We look forward to having you back soon and I appreciate you sharing your kind words.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent service, and great food for a very reasonable price. You have a choice for vegetarian and vegan food if that is what you like. I am a meat eater and loved the beef, chicken, pork and fish dishes.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I am thrilled to read about your recent experience at Founding Farmers in Tysons! We want you to count on us to deliver a wide variety of options of fresh, flavorful food every time you eat with us and based on your review, it sounds like we have accomplished our goal.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Get the fig and Brie bread as an appetizer...awesome. 3 big pieces, plenty to share. Little load but good atmosphere. All food we ordered was great as we're the special sodas that change during the week. Went with girlfriends and we had a super time with terrific food

Hi There,

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Sunday brunch reservations made well in advance then reconfirmed the day before were worthless as our party of 6 waited over 50 minutes for seating after arriving on time, The hostess was swamped and in way over her head and it took quite a proactive effort to locate the manager to register our displeasure. He finally got us seated and then comped the entire tab ($200.00+), Ok, very nice but to be honest I'd prefer to have my seating as arranged, when scheduled and pay for the meal.
The buffet was about average, many of the line items were gone (plenty of shrimp, no grits) but I must say the dessert station was about as good as I've seen. We were with excellent company so despite glitches at every turn by a very shaky staff, we had a good time. I'd pass on Sunday Brunch but would give them another try for a smaller party for dinner

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and review our restaurant. I am DEEPLY sorry to read about your recent disappointing trip to Founding Farmers in Tysons. I completely agree that waiting 50 minutes or more for a reservation is not acceptable, and I definitely want to follow up with the restaurant.

We try to run our restaurant like a well oiled machine, but we sometimes get stuck, as seating is not an exact science. That being said, the issue of delayed seating is one of our management team's TOP priorities. I can assure you that this is something we are working on perfecting every single day, and feedback like yours greatly helps us pinpoint the problem in order to develop a solution.

I would love to hear more details about your recent trip, so that we can use your experience as a learning experience and also make it up to you! I can be reached at Julie@farmersrestaurantgroup.com and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

We want to make improvements and learn from our mistakes. I wish we could have a do over and I hope that we can prove our commitment to our guest's happiness. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

It is such a shame that the management of this restaurant does not know how to hire people who belong in the service industry, versus people who think they are doing you a favor by serving you. Food is very good and reasonably price, but the service staff needs to learn from their cohorts at the DC branch. We asked for a box for leftovers and the response was "In a bit." After which, the waitress basically went on a world-wind tour of her section, came back, and took the order at the table right next to us, and completely forgot to bring the box. When I repeated my request, she looked at me like I was being a pain in the #($($(, and took her time getting back to us. She dropped the box and bag on the table, turned and left without a word.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and review our restaurant. Please know that sporadic service is NOT a hallmark of our restaurant, although this clearly is not what you experienced.

Anything less than attentive and knowledgeable service will not be tolerated and I am eager to get to the bottom of what went wrong. I would love to hear more details about your recent trip, so that we can use your experience as a learning experience and also make it up to you! I can be reached at Julie@farmersrestaurantgroup.com and I am looking forward to hearing from you

I look forward to your response and I greatly appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. Your feedback is important to us, and helps keep us in check! We want to be constantly improving and know there is always room for growth.