“Long Lunch Spot and a Break from Shopping”

Wildfire - Tysons Galleria
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chain Bridge Rd
Transit: Metra 28T
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. Step into Wildfire, a steak and chophouse with the aura of a 1940's dinner club. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for an evening with friends or just the two of you. So order a martini, listen to the music and prepare your appetite for some of the most delicious American cuisine you'll find anywhere.
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Wildfire is ideally located on the upper level of Tyson’s Galleria and a perfect spot to catch up with a friend over a long lunch. The decor and music harkens to a rat pack era with Sinatra crooning in the background. The main dining room is large and noisy - I prefer the quieter booths along the hallway. There are larger private rooms for parties as well.

The food is good but not exceptional. Except for the corn bread - I could make a meal out of the corn bread! (Wonder if they’d let me....).

On my last visit with a friend, the service really lacked. While he appeared to be an experienced waiter, he lacked attentiveness on taking orders, timing the firing of the entree and the apps, checking back and on delivering the bill. I practically had to tackle him to get the final tally. Service was a C

This missable service experience is off set by elegant decor and a good menu. Worth considering if you don’t want to load up on pasta at Maggianos

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I met up with 2 friends for a holiday lunch and we were given a table in a small booth -type place. It was nice am quiet and allowed us to hear and speak with each other easily. We each had the grilled shrimp with salad for lunch. It was a huge serving, and it as delicious! Our waiter was great, checked on us periodically - just the right amount of times. Even though the restaurant as very busy with holiday events, we felt well-treated and not rushed at all. A great experience.

1  Thank lmisr
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

My second visit to this restaurant. I was looking forward to another 5 star experience. So, I Reserved an hour ahead through OpenTable to make sure my allergies were communicated to the staff. The arrival experience was just “ok” this time. It took a few minutes for us to be acknowledged, despite being a foot from the host. once he confirmed my name, we were guided to a nicely-placed booth not far from the open kitchen.
The room was packed. So far, so good.
Our server asked for a drink order- I was not drinking but my date was- a glass of Italian red. ($13). I asked for lemons for my water and reminded my waitress of my allergies. Our order: Shrimp Cocktail ($13), 10 oz prime rib( $28) served with a side of scalloped potatoes, Chopped salad with grilled chicken. The lemon and wine took forever to arrive, even after we asked a second time. TASTE: My dinner companion liked the steak-cooked perfectly- and the yummy cornbread. My salad was nothing special, I’ve had better at diners. the chicken to salad ratio was off and the chopped vegetables scarce. This salad dropped the score a full point. The inattentive service ( until the check was presented) list the other star.
Would I return to try again? Yes but I would stick to the basics- Filet mug in Pittsburgh style with s nice crusty sear. TIP: avoid the salad- boring.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Lots of high end steakhouses in the area but Wildfire is a cut above. Impeccable service, great menu, interesting specials, what’s not to like?!?

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I have been coming down to eat at Wildfire for several years, during our yearly trip to the DC/Virginia area. Always a good meal. The service is great and the staff is friendly. You can choose from a few atmospheres within the restaurant for your dining experience. The bar area is lively, the "Side car" section is quiet and the main dining area is moderate as far as noise and activity. They also have a privite room for parties. Pricing is reasonable and if you are a wine drinker, try the wine flights from $11.00-$15.00. You will get 4 4oz. Glasses of different wines to enjoy with dinner. A real bargin and a nice choice of wines for the money.The selections of dishes offered has something for everyone, we have had fish, beef, chicken and pork during our many stays, all good.
Also the gluten free pizza is really good and I am not usually a fan of gluten free products. Worth a visit if you are in the area. Vickie our server during our last visit was fantastic adding to a very pleasant evening.