“Best food in town”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Memorial Ave
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The menu is interesting and perfectly prepared. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff is very well trained. I will definitely return!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (594)

Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

A night to remember.... Local Roots is our go to restaurant for celebrations and special occasions, and tonight was no exception. The service was terrific. Our server Andrea was prompt, attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. The bartender was very service oriented, and concocted some great mock tails as well for 2 of the family members.
The charcuterie board was awesome, and we ordered some of the fresh oysters as well as house salad and vegetable salad.
For entree’s we had the farro verde, sea bass, Bolognese. Mussels, and the scallops! The food is refined, the service is top notch, and I would highly recommend this restaurant.
The food and experience is high quality, and I would repeat visits for top notch service and food.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 18 December 2020

Stop by here for lunch, wasn't busy. My waiter was nice and knowledgeable. I had short rib stew which was good, I wish it was a bigger portion, also I ordered a havery wallbanger, but I've never had before so just wasn't for me. I would probably return

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 31 October 2020

The atmosphere is more casual than the food, which is clearly chef-driven. The compact menu has traditional favorites plus some more adventurous choices (rabbit). In fact the rabbit stew was deceptively simple, but great comfort food on a chilly evening. A serious restaurant approaching fine dining at a good value for the quality. Nice wine list as well. Friendly service and the manager keeps an eye on everything.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank dkberman
Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

I loved the variety of the menu. The food is fresh and local and delicious. A few outside tables and we felt very well taken care of. Some may feel like they would like one or two more “standard” selections on the menu but the creativity of the combinations shines.

Date of visit: October 2020