“Homestyle Italian in a lovely setting”
Review of Ciao

Ciao
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to get a window seat looking out onto the street, which made for a great dining experience. Really hearty Italian food with great fish dishes, fresh pasta and pizza. The scallops and shrimp with garlic potatoes was a highlight!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We had a $100 tab with 2 big leftovers. We left it on the table and came back 5 Minutes later and they had already thrown it out. The owner, who called me "sweetheart" repeatedly, told me he could not remake the meal OR credit me for it, "too bad, sweetheart!"
I have never been to a restaurant who didn't save leftovers that we forgot OR if thrown away accidentally offer to remake it for us. What if I had left my sweater? Would they have thrown it away because they didn’t know if I was coming back for it? Its mine, just the same as the food I just paid for.
The owner scoffed at me when i said it was clear he didn't care about customer service.
The food was mediocre at best anyway so all around I would avoid this place! In 2018 with plenty of other italian restaurants on the street that have a nicer decor at least, I would take my chances at another place instead of a place with bad food AND bad, arrogant service.
Unacceptable. SWEETHEART!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

The food is authentic and awesome, from the cold sandwiches to the hot meatball. The pastas and pizzas are great to share. The restaurant is cozy but we have seen partys of up to 12 or more on occasion. If you love Italian food you will not be disapointed.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Our group attempted to get a place to eat during the popular weekend event, The Boat Parade. Knowing this we showed up early 4pm for dinner at Ciao. The owner was quite frantic and short tempered and at one point calling us a PIA, this is before we got confirmed seating just standing in the wait line.

So we moved our party up the road further to The Village Inn, where they were very courteous despite the hectic event.

We feel bad for the Ciao Restaurant and its employees, one of which tried to apologize for the owners comments. The restaurant business is tough no doubt, however when customers become the PIA, its time to close up the place.

Avoid the Ciao and instead visit The Village Inn or Royale Hen with your $$$

1  Thank T K
Reviewed 18 November 2017

About twice a year I just have to have one of Ciao's salmon dinners. They are simply outstanding. Our server, Alondra was super friendy and efficient. The problem/challenge with Ciao is that it's so noisy you can barely have a conversation without yelling.