“Cute”
Review of Marie's Tea Rooms

Marie's Tea Rooms
Ranked #57 of 141 Restaurants in Gravesend
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Cute little tea room, nice and quite, lovely members off staff especially a young lad. Bit expensive but highly recommended

1  Thank fp_april98

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The service was good, but I think they put my fruit scone in the microwave before serving it because it was warm and it went hard. The tea was nice until I got to the end of the pot and then it was bitter. I wouldn't go there again and if I'd never had a cream tea before I'd think they were rubbish after this experience.

5  Thank Sandra29963
Reviewed 23 June 2018

I was a bit suspicious about some of the recent harsh reviews posted about these tea rooms so decided to call in for an impartial visit myself, having been here two or three times before. I was offered a friendly greeting on arrival and took a seat in the rustic effect,, pleasantly decorated cafe which seemed a pleasant environment in which to eat. There were only two other customers when I visited late on a Saturday morning so my cream tea did not take long to arrive.Others came in while I was eating..

Despite other reviews, I have to say the scone was of good quality and presented nicely with the clotted cream, jam and separate tea pot. The price was £4.20 which from experience is quite reasonable these days for a cream tea. I did though query the board out the front which does erroneously say sconeS rather than scone as it should do so this could be a bit deceptive. The atmosphere was quiet and pleasant and have to say I had no cause for complaint at all.

2  Thank Ranger1400
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I came here with my dad and sister as passing by. Friendly staff, food was top notch and no problem with my fussy requests. Surprised at the vast range of tea and coffee available to consume and purchase for home. The free use of WiFi and Phone Charging definately a huge plus for me. Also a nice outside seating area, to relax in the sunshine. Will definately be coming back very soon, as this tea room gives me a reason to visit this part of Gravesend.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

So I had popped in with another friend of mine as I told them how great it was as I had came in in February. However from the outside it looked beautiful. However went I went in it was very misleading. There was flies all over the cakes, and by the looks of it all new staff! Not sure if any of the other staff are there.

However, I ordered a halloumi panni, and my friend a bacon sandwich. The halloumi wasn't even cooked! And the bacon was dripping in fat. The bread was a little hard so I doubt it was fresh. We also shared our lunch with some flies and plenty of ants too. All around it was damp, miserable and am not sure if this place has had a inspection in a while.

8  Thank garyhayes806