“Just not right at all”
Review of Marie's Tea Rooms

Marie's Tea Rooms
Ranked #52 of 136 Restaurants in Gravesend
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in here for a bite to eat, first impressions we should of turned around and walked out didn’t smell right and every table looked like it needed a good wipe down and personally I don’t like plastic table cloths. I also don’t agree with scones left open and uncovered. So had a couple of panini sand it took ages turned up with a few leaves and quarter of a tomato presentation not good and the onion in the panini still had its skin on. Scones we had fruit and they tasted salty and dry I am sorry to leave such a negative review but you need to up your game to charge the prices you do, please get it right as I am a believer in small private business and don’t use high street chains.

2  Thank Jamespb1971

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Have walked by many times and yesterday thought I'd pop in.. the outside gives a deceiving impression of the inside.
First thing I noticed was the damp smell, it doesn't feel clean, seriously lacking in atmosphere.
Was advised no hot food as it was nearing closing, opted for a sandwich which was ok.
Was given cutlery, bit odd for a sandwich, it didn't look clean so didn't use.
On a positive note the guy that served me was pleasant,
Wouldnt return or recommend, had high hopes for this establishment but it fell flat for me.

3  Thank Trin42
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

It was a hot day and the room was not air conditioned so it was quite unpleasantly warm - and it was quite dark and dingy as well. There were a lot of flies about too. I asked for some ice with my drink but they didn’t have any apparently. My friend’s cup was not very clean. The toilet was just about passable. There are much better, cleaner places to eat in Gravesend, where the staff don’t stand staring into their phones when you’re trying to get their attention.

4  Thank 81London
Reviewed 17 April 2018

My wife and I visited this establishment on Vaisakhi, the Sikh Festival,14/04/18 . The place smelled damp and did not look generally that clean. I was charged £11 + for a pot of tea, a lukewarm coffee, 2 slices of soggy carrot cake and a scone that crumbled like sawdust when cut with a knife. Sorry Graham and with all respect to your Nan we shall not be returning to or recommending your establishment.

5  Thank Sligolad45
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I took my mum for afternoon tea for mother's day and it was wonderful. My mum thoroughly enjoyed it and the food and tea was amazing. I've visited several times and I've never been disappointed.

3  Thank Carol C