“A wonderful mother's Day”
Review of Marie's Tea Rooms

Marie's Tea Rooms
Ranked #54 of 141 Restaurants in Gravesend
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I took my mum for afternoon tea for mother's day and it was wonderful. My mum thoroughly enjoyed it and the food and tea was amazing. I've visited several times and I've never been disappointed.

3  Thank CarolC5636

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a tea at what used to be a lovely little tea place. Dirty tables. Floor was covered in crumbs. Dirty cloth left on the table..The place had a smell of dirty cooking oil. Waited over ten mintues for service. The woman serving did not even acknowledge us waiting.. we walked out. Dreadful experience..

7  Thank RiverJim
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

A nice tea room, wide selection of food which includes cakes and cooked food
The food is nice as well as the service

Reviewed 30 December 2017

The atmosphere in Marie's Tea Room is lacking; the space is tight and often cold, and while they boast a selection of interesting teas, I was disappointed to see that no cakes were available—only a sad corner of empty stands. When I asked a member of staff why this was, she replied that the cakes are kept throughout the week, so, by the Saturday (the day of our visit), they were usually gone.

Another member of our party ordered a milkshake instead, which took at least twenty minutes to arrive, despite the place being quiet. The outdoor seating is in an ideal location next to the market, but the wonky tables and awkward arrangement made the visit less than pleasant. Staff were very inattentive and, irritatingly, what you'd expect to be the main door is always locked, with no signs to let you know.

Honestly, it's a shame, as Marie's Tea Room is in an excellent location, but in future I'll stick to No. 84, which is comparatively excellent.

4  Thank Rebecca-Salter
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Lots of variety of tea - or you can have coffee. |Not as much cake choice as I would have liked. But very nice all the same.

1  Thank chrisravine50