Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews splash pool theme park monkey temple temple restaurant safari hotel discovery room bunk beds themed rooms hotel guests sleeping area evening entertainment the reserve the kids loved kids area early access separate area booked dinner
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

This was very much a treat for our little boy and I expected very little. In the end the room was a bit nicer than I expected and staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfy and there was a decent quality kids bed too (unusually). The kids film went down well and we enjoyed our pool booking.

Breakfast was the downside. It didn’t feel very Covid-secure - lots of people pressing the same buttons - and generally breakfast wasn’t of great quality. But it was nice to watch a couple of animals at breakfast.

Winters tale package was great value and the elf visit and Santa’s grotto were done really well. Getting in a bit early gave us a great first hour with few queues.

We couldn’t get a table in the restaurant at a decent time so went to the The Star a couple of miles away which felt like a good decision.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank viross5000
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

A great visit with my husband and 3 children in a monkey room. Overall it was a great trip. Couple of negatives - you need a ticket to leave the car park or you get charged and the hotel won’t refund it. The restaurant was good but on the second night there was much less choice and no show - but the same price! Obviously things are different due to COVID so there was no shop.

The early access to the theme park makes it a good place to stay.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

Hotel room was lovely and very comfy. Breakfast was yummy and included in the price.
Rides were super fun but my only complaint was the wait times, I know this can’t be helped but at least 4 rides said 45 min wait time turned out to be 90 min wait time. Social distancing and hand sanitiser was in place but I was shocked how busy it was. Was just like normal. I suppose I was hoping it would be less busy but this was not the case.

Kids and us adults had a blast

Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel so many times before as my son loves it BUT we normally come away with some kind of complaint. We decided to try it this time as we have had so many holidays moved or cancelled due to Covid-19 that we were desperate for a night away.....We were apprehensive due to previous visits and how the hotel would handle the current restrictions. However, it really was the best stay we have had there!

The hotel felt calm and nowhere near as crowded or noisy as it normally is. We used the bar and the bar man who helped us was a credit to the hotel. Really wish I had got his name. He was also on the breakfast shift too and again was running around doing a great job! Unfortunately we saw him get 'told off' for having a drink of water while out in the restaurant. This seemed incredibly harsh and very ott.

We had dinner in the zafari restaurant which like the bar was ordered and paid for on an app and then the food was bought to your table. I love this new way of ordering food and drinks and hope many places keep it in place when the world returns to some sense of normality. The food was excellent and with our Merlin annual pass discount very reasonable.

We also spent 30 mins in one of the arcade rooms which was fun and my son loved the 2p machines! Lots of hand sanitiser in there too!

We stayed in a Monkey Temple room and the decoration and attention to detail was superb! We love these rooms and they are well worth the price tag. One thing we noticed was the iron and ironing board had gone.

Breakfast is normally my least favourite time in this hotel and it definitely wasn't as calm as dinner was but the new way of doing the buffet works much better! For hot food and toast you get served by a member of staff and they don't scrimp on the portions at all. The pastries are bagged individually and just as tasty as before. I found that there was less people wandering around getting in your way! And the tables were continually cleaned unlike on previous stays where tables have been left covered in dirty plates.

We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that.

Overall we were really impressed with how the hotel has adapted and how clean it all was. We felt incredibly safe the whole time we were there and most guests were following social distancing and the face covering rules.

Reviewed 20 October 2020

Absolutely loved our stay. We went for my niece’s birthday, and I could not fault the hotel one bit. The room was lovely and spacious, beds were comfy and TVs for both myself and the kids. Staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough for you, and the hotel including the rooms were very clean. I stayed in the Momkey room with beautiful views of the animals and greenery... it was lovely to wake up and see this with my boy.

Would definitely recommend to friends/family!