Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
AnnR

Fabulous for all families 🌈

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jun 2024via mobile
Having read such varying reviews on here, I want to give my honest opinion. This hotel was brilliant for families and I would recommend to anyone with young children. Beach was fabulous, hotel was everything we hoped for, and in fact much more, given some of the reviews I have read on here!

The rooms were big, yes a little dated, but large and clean. All the staff were fabulous, entertainment staff especially were fantastic and work incredibly hard. The kids club and swimming pools were great. Also as a same-sex female couple travelling with their children everyone was super friendly and welcoming.

I don’t often do things like this but I just want to right some of the comments left on here that I feel are unfair… this is a 3 star hotel and the price reflects this! I have been fortunate enough to visit some incredible places in the past, when you pay 5 times the cost you would expect perfection. But this is a 3 star hotel, the service is definitely 4 star and the beach is stunning with crystal clear seas. I would highly recommend to any families. Just keep in mind that the rooms are typically Spanish and older in style. If you want a room that is painted in funky colours with all the mod cons then you will need to find another hotel that will be at least £2k more and I am certain the location will not even come close!

Finally, to those that describe it like “Butlins in the 70s/80s” I actually messaged my mum saying the exact same thing… however for me this was a wonderful positive … being able to share those moments dancing by the pool with my youngest (as I did as a child) was wonderful. The entertainment was fun and fabulous! My girls got a wonderful introduction to “Greese” whilst they sat with their friends at the front.

Also my daughter had her hair braided by Fatou on the beach. She is not linked to the hotel, but she is kind and gentle and my daughter was thrilled with her hair.

If we were travelling without children and an unlimited budget then without a doubt my favourite location is the Maldives, and I would go there without hesitation. But travelling as a family on a much, much more limited budget I would without hesitation book this hotel again!
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: Don’t expect perfect rooms with all mod cons … rooms are clean, large and great for families. You...
Trip type: Travelled with family
Beachfront
HK$1,642
4.0 km from Hotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort
Restaurant
dormitorio con cama doble, colchón visco- elástico , decoración de cada apartamento puede variar
    HK$622
    HK$679
4.5 km from Hotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort
View more hotels in Corralejo
6,216 results
All reviews the main hotel mandarin restaurant annex pool card room sand dunes fantastic beach beach holiday on tap visited this hotel plenty of choice bit dated bottled water salad self service german guests great holiday evening entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2024

Okay this place is a little dated, but we have just been for our 8th stay, we stayed in main hotel in room 435 the view was amazing. Positive: beds comfortable pillows comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, great location, good public transport. Food was good, always found something to eat,cleaning good. Chinese restaurant amazing food, beer good and shorts very drinkable.Negative: dated. Sun beds , well people were putting towels out at 6am , doesn’t appear to be enough if hotel is full, entertainment not great. In need of more outdoor seating in bar by reception as always full. Would I go back, YES. A most enjoyable holiday.

Room tip: Sunbeds snapped up quickly, amazing views from hotel. 3rd floor and above x
3  Thank Lynnpinlynda
Reviewed 15 June 2024

Perfect example of a get what you pay for hotel, unlimited selection of food and drink which decent, staff are friendly and nice, came here in June with my girlfriend, all families where very nice, however older groups liked to stare a lot which made us feel uncomfortable at times, we are a couple in our 20s for context, understand this is not something the hotel is responsible for just perhaps it’s best to come at a later time in the summer than June. Overall good hotel for the cost and location is fantastic.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Online Reputation Director, Owner at Hotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2024

Dear Joseph L.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on your stay at our property.

We are truly sorry to read of your dissatisfaction some areas and we never wish for our guests feel any discomfort.

We have noted your review to ensure we can work on improving our service delivery and offerings at the hotel accordingly.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2024 via mobile

I am here right now, there are many reviews saying the place is tired. Those are understatements. The place is falling to pieces and resembles Butlins from the 70s. Was moved rooms as first room had so much damage, light fightings hanging off wall, rusty old stair case to apartment then another tiled spiral stair case to bedroom. I’m ex army and can tolerate most conditions. The restaurant is like a cattle market and the chefs wipe food that’s spilled back into the serving trays, self serve wine is watered down, the videos on YouTube are staged as this restaurant is not what you see on the you tube videos.
TUI in there wisdom say loads but do nothing and the rep here needs her attitude readjusted by her management. Hotel staff as in other reviews really nice and helpful but there on a sinking ship not helped by TUI rep.
I would never normally write reviews this negative but I’m incensed TUI advertise this place and incensed they take no responsibility for the appalling state of the rooms in the annex. I have only been here just over 5 hours and already booked flights home tomorrow as I’d rather do that than stay here. Sorry Riu staff, you’re all great but your building and TUI are not !!

Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank brocklands
Online Reputation Director, Owner at Hotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2024

Dear brocklands,

We appreciate you took the time to leave your impressions regarding your recent stay with us. However, it is disappointing to read that despite our efforts we could not meet your expectations in some areas.

At RIU Hotels & Resorts health is our priority. We wish to explain that in accordance with our high standards, we guarantee our guests the highest quality service, which goes far beyond the legal requirements, especially when it comes to food safety.

We would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay.

Nevertheless, we will take note of your observations for future arrangements.

Hoping to host you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2024

Absolutely wonderful, great value for money. The staff were all super lovely and accommodating, always smiling and happy to help. Perfect location on the beach and lovely hotel pools. Food was very nice for what it’s worth, in particular the Asian style buffet (book in advance!). We had the best week ever :)

Room tip: Book the restaurants at least 2 days in advance
4  Thank Daniel S

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate us, for us it is of basic importance to detect if everything goes well, we see that in your case it was so and you had a nice time of enjoyment in our company, we hope to see you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2024

Fantastic hotel! We had a fantastic time. The hotel was spotless, food was amazing although it became a bit samey after a while. The hotel is dated but that didn’t bother us and doesn’t affect the holiday as a whole. The only negative was we had no WiFi in our room. If your room is far away from the hotel, the signal is not reaching your room. I think this should be clearly stated on the website as this defo was a must when we booked our holiday as I still had to work. So ended up having to pay for roaming and do a lot of work on my phone which wasn’t ideal. This hotel is a 3* but honestly was more like a 4*. I would say there wasn’t a lot for the kids to do and what there was, there were not great timings. The entertainment was ok but as I said not for children, which we was gutted about. I was expecting more input from the entertainment staff during the day but there really wasn’t. There is a kids club which was ok. There was a mini disco at 530 which wasn’t a great time. There was only ever 4/6 kids there. I don’t know about anyone else but my kids like to nap on holiday and dinner starts at 630. So it was all a bit of a rush and we only went around 3 times. Overall we would defo go back. Although we got a good deal because it was in school time, I priced it up for August next year and it was over £7000 for 5 of us. The government are trying to knock it down so whether that happens or not is something to look out for. We had a fantastic time and I would defo recommend despite the 2 negatives. The positives defo out way the negatives. Also our rooms were cleaned every day. The beach was absolutely stunning and clean.

Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rosie D
Online Reputation Director, Owner at Hotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2024

Dear Rosie,

Thank you for your great review and for choosing to spend time with us. We are delighted that we lived up to your expectations!

Thank you very much for your suggestion about the children's entertainment schedule. We are always open to improve our service. Please be assured that we will take your feedback into consideration and address it with the relevant departments.

We would be wonderful to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,