1,177 results
All reviews salad bar staff entertainment team star hotel parrot show pool area was clean great holiday met some lovely people the ritz long hours water polo junior suite all inclusive food something for everyone evening entertainment lifeguard on duty every meal
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Once again I have just returned home after 10 days here, this is now my 9th time at this hotel and I still have no faults. The staff are friendly, kind and helpful, the hotel is clean as always. I don’t really know what to say that will be different to last time, I have no complaints, the hotel is lovely the staff are lovely the food is lovely great variety, everything is great about this hotel, actually My friend had a problem when We were there this time and the hotel manager could not help enough. Until I become unhappy with this hotel or staff I have no reason to go elsewhere, this hotel is now like a second home to me, my Spanish family even to the point of having my own little smoking corner out front when I’m there, but when I’m not it’s Diagos corner ( night staff ) lol.
As we stayed on for an extra couple of days we stayed over the road in the apartments this is a first for me and to be honest I thought it was lovely quiet more private and you could step out of your patio doors to the pool, so main hotel or apartments are all well looked after and very nice.
I’m sure I’ve mentioned before that not everyone can be pleased, some complain about the food but I don’t understand why there is a nice selection to suit everyone and because of the people complaining I truly believe you need to stay there yourself and have your own opinions, I would highly reccomend this hotel to everyone.

Room tip: They are all good rooms
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank tallen06
BLSH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Sea Gran Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello tallen06,
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sharing such beautiful feedback once again. You stayed with us back in June and you have now frequented our hotel on 9 occasions so like we said before you are well and truly part of our BLS Gran Playa family. We are also pleased to see that you liked staying in our apartments as a change to the hotel. Like you mentioned they are just across the road from the main hotel and offer complete privacy and relaxation. Thank you also for defending us against some previous negative reviews and for understanding that we offer great value for money. It is with guests like you that make our job an absolute pleasure. On a final note, we must thank you for again for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you back for a 10th time. All of our team send our warmest wishes from Mallorca.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend recently went to this hotel in sept and was really impressed. Very friendly staff. We arrived late and they put on a little bit of food for us which was really nice. We have to pay Spanish tax which we did not know about on arrival that's the only downfall. The food was very nice could do with a bit more variety especially with desserts. Some of the cocktails are very strong but not with alcohol with the juices that is made with. The surrounding area is very nice the beach is only 5 minutes walk away and there is loads of restaurants and shops and bars around the hotel which is helpful all in all we were very happy Alice hotel and would like to go again in a new future. Always nice and clean the staff were very nice and helpful except for one bar man with a short beard he was a little rude and went like he did not want to be there.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Shane B,
It was very kind of you to share such a positive published review with other readers. It would appear that you and your beloved girlfriend found our hotel very satisfactory overall which makes us very pleased. In addition, you have clearly liked the good customer service from our staff, the excellent location close to the local amenities and the cleanliness of our establishment. On the other hand, we are sorry you were unaware about having to pay Spanish tax but this is a tourist tax regulation set by the Government so is out of our control. On a final note, we would just like to thank you for your visit and we hope your wish comes true and we see you again in the future. Kind Regards from BLS Gran Playa Hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Bit of a curates egg, this one!

In my opinion, this is a budget hotel, offering competitively priced all inclusive deals. So, you should not expect fine wines and beers, nor cordon bleu cooking: you won’t get it on the prices charged. On the plus side though, the rooms are a good size, and well appointed.

You should also note that this hotel caters for guests from across Europe; there were Dutch, Belgian, French and Spanish guests there during our stay. So, don’t expect staff to have a good grasp of English. If you want to be fully understood, try speaking a little Spanish.

This is 2/3 star hotel, very similar in quality to a UK Travel Lodge or Premier Inn. We stayed in a Junior Suite, on the 4th floor. The room was freshly decorated, bright and spacious (uk standards). There was excellent storage space for clothes etc. The a/c was effective and efficient. We had mid 20’s temperatures, and very humid. Set a/c around 10degrees, which kept suite comfortable. Unsure how good it would be in warmer temps. The shower is tremendous, probably the best I've seen in an hotel anywhere! Hair dryer in loo; towels changed daily; fridge in junior suite; decent ikea style furniture in room and on balcony, which is spacious. Although, when on your balcony, be prepared to have to breathe in second hand smoke from other guests. Good soundproofing in rooms too; we barely heard any of our fellow guests.

I agree with other comments, the food is unadventurous: you’re not gonna be writing home about the quality or taste. Let’s face it: it’s prepared for a large group of guests, who will all have differing tastes, etc, so it’s all a tad bland. That said, they did prepare some speciality dishes, including duck, and many types of fish and shellfish. Overall, the food is freshly prepared and is sufficient, given it’s on an all you can eat buffet basis.

The decor in the dining room is, unfortunately, more like a works canteen; Rather harshly lit, with 80’s style office ceiling tiles and lighting. Also, there was no apparent dress code adherence in the dining room at night. Many guests did dress up at night, but many also turned up in what they'd been wearing at the pool, which I found unacceptable.

All inclusive drinks: wine a tad harsh, with the rosé being most palatable. Sangria is sweet. Beer, ok, but ain’t gonna win any awards. Spirits fine. Beer served at pool bar in small plastic cups, so be prepared for multiple bar trips if you drink a lot of it.

A few reviewers have complained about the staff, but when I was there, a duty manager was on site most of the time, and he wasn’t slow in addressing issues directly, where he thought staff were coming up short, or food had to be refreshed at the buffet. That said, the staff at the pool side bar all had an annoying tendency to absent themselves for two or three minutes at a time, just as a queue was forming. This happened regularly, and caused one fellow guest to observe: if we were paying for the drinks, they’d make sure the staff remained at the bar. True, I thought.

No great outlook over pool area: onto rear of next hotel. No staff on hand to wipe down tables or clear up surface water around the pool, following the many thunder storms we had during our stay. A bit of a failing here, perhaps they were short staffed?
Front of hotel looks onto residential area and an area of waste ground, overgrown with bushes. Not great. Around 5 minutes walk from beach.

Overall, don’t expect too much from this hotel, and you won’t be disappointed. Too many reviewers on here seem to be expecting five star quality, from a three star budget hotel.

OK for one visit, but would I choose this hotel again? No.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BLSH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Sea Gran Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Hello Badger531,
We are extremely grateful for you taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. It would appear that above all you have understood our core value overall which is value for money. We may not be a top end luxury hotel but we do offer clean and comfortable and modern rooms, a wide range of facilities, a good mix of food and drinks and excellent customer service. We are sorry if you do not fully agree with all of this and that despite you finding our hotel satisfactory overall you would not choose to stay with us again. Nonetheless, we must bid farewell with our thanks for your visit and our warm regards from BLS Gran Playa Hotel.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My stay at the hotel was lovely. Staff were absolutely great too - especially Pepe. The animation team were great with getting everyone to enjoy themeselves, they made my brother feel very involved and they made his holiday that much better. His favourite was the water polo the team put on everyday. The food got slightly repetitive but that’s like any place that’s all inclusive, I wouldn’t fault the food at all as there was something there for everyone. There was one night where the hotel at night was busy as it was the megastars performing and the director of the hotel was very hands on with helping his staff out when the bar got too busy which was great to see. Our room was lovely, after all we were only using it to sleep and get ready since we spent most of our time by the pool.
Overall I’d stay again :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
BLSH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Sea Gran Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hello n_lazzerini,
We are delighted that you had a great holiday staying with us and thank you for rating us with the highest points possible. We particularly like your special mention to Pepe in our animation team. As you have mentioned we like to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere in our hotel and so we are pleased this is being recognised. On a final note, we would just like to thank you for your visit and we hope this will not be the last time we see you.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights on the 31st Aug. We know Sa Coma as we came here for our honeymoon 2 yrs ago and stayed in a protur hotel. Blue Sea Gran Playa is a lovely clean and friendly hotel! We were upgraded to a junior suite when we arrived which was lovely so I do reccomend booking on their website! Pool is perfect and lots going on in the day! No problem getting a sun bed and the alcoholic drinks were fine I wouldn't reccomend the cocktails though too sweet!! The only downside is the food very samey and run out very quickly! The deserts weren't great! Breakfast was ok probably the best meal of the day. Plenty of room to get a table. We ate out a couple of times as the food didn't look great. I would happily come back but maybe self catering next time. I don't think we will go 3 star all inclusive again. We met some lovely people though and staff were hard working!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello crazycatzz,
Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback and for recognising so many positive qualities of our hotel including the friendly and hardworking staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and the good range of facilities. On the other hand, we are sorry to see that the choice of food was not to your exact personal liking but we try hard to cater for everyone. As you mentioned though, you could come here again on a Self Catering option if that was your preference. You have had an enjoyable holiday overall so we must bid farewell with an expression of our gratitude for your visit. You will always be welcome back to BLS Gran Playa Hotel.