“Mainly for Germans”

Jeep Safari Mallorca
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Peguera
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Lovely day but my husband and I were only English there mainly Germans 90 + in the group lovely view
Missed out on story about big house and on there things as it was told in German
Food was ok 12:50€ for 2 pieces of ham and cheese cheap ice cream felt bad for asking for orangeade she was passing around and missed us
a few time felt left out did not buy dvd at 30€ had a good day but wish she told stories in English or as Ivan love to know the story of the big house sad I never know

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"holiday"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We had a fun day doing this jeep safari. We felt safe despite the steep cliffs because Mathias/Matias always got off the jeep to make sure everybody's safe and that the drivers are handling the mountains properly. I have great respect for them on this part.

For lunch we had several options and we chose the Balearic meal. I think that at 12.50€ per person, they earned a lot of money for it. Nevertheless we could eat as much olives, bread and aioli as we wanted. A bonus was the cute cat and the sheep lurking around waiting to be pet and fed. But honestly speaking I think I may have tasted the same cold cuts from Aldi. Your olives were good though.

Towards the end of the tour I was quite relieved that they didn't force us to buy any olive oil or whatever. But they surely made a lot of money for their instant DVD of Mallorca with you in the Jeep Safari part. That cost us 30€. But got it the same day. However we'll only know the quality if we ever find a DVD player and watch it.
The abovementioned experience saved the day despite having wasted almost 4 hours (to and fro) just to get there because we had to pick up other guests along the way.
If driving 10-15kph on a rough mountainside road impresses you, then I highly recommend it.

In hindsight I expected driving over dunes and getting a proper adrenalin boost - which I didn't get.
If you've done other extreme sports before and you're not really a Suzuki Jimny fan, then I suggest just trekking the path (If they allow you- it's private property).

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We booked that tour without knowing what actually it will be!
Fantastic! Wonderful! Amazing!
Our guide Ivan was more than helpful,he gave us all the informations that we needed.
Take that tour,worth every single penny!
Wonderful view ,wild lands finishing with that superb meal on top of the mountain.
Thanks for everything!
Don't miss it guys!

1  Thank Ion B
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This was a top day, do not be fooled this was good quality off- roading, the team that looked after us was helpful and knowledgeable and encourage you to have fun, We were lucky to Ivan as our guide, be warned protect yourself against the sun, a hat,water and sun screen are a must and having use of the pool during lunch is a bonus. There were only 5 Brits on the trip we booked up on, lots of Germanys and Italians we ended up with the Italians. The scenery on the tour was breathtaking and you really got a good feeling what the Tramuntana Mountains can offer.
We went back in June which was a shame because if we had gone later in the year you have the option of going out after dark, now just imagine out in the mountains with it dark that would have just added to the experience. Would we go again YES...

1  Thank Roger S
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We booked this tour from home at Jeep Safaris business partner Sunbonoo which was easy and as informative as needed.
The bus pickup was a bit confusing as we where at the pickup spot in time, but no pickup until 15 minutes later, having lots of different excursions being picked up at the same spot at the same time created quite a mess, but in the end it all turned out ok.
After about 40 minutes in the bus, we arrived at the place where we where greeted by the nice people a Jeep Safari Mallorca, they knew what they were doing and soon after we were getting instructions for the tour and was on our way on the rough roads.
We where lucky to have Ivan (our guide) as our driver, even though he had been doing this for five years, he was still enthusiastic about telling everything he knew about the area, the people, the wildlife and the vegetation, he was certainly doing his job well.
During the tour there was not one single moment where I felt unsafe and I'd say everyone can do this tour as long as they are able to hold on on the bumpy roads.
Lunch was at a "restaurant" on the road, and the suggested menu was good and at a fair price, it's possible to take a dip in the pool after lunch if you like to.
The scenery on the tour was breathtaking and you really got a good feeling what the Tramuntana mountains can offer.
All in all a great tour that fulfilled our expectations.