Inturotel Sa Marina(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$276
  • Pool
Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Casa Ceiba Maria(Cala d'Or)
Sunprime Monsuau(Cala d'Or)
Fowlers Hotel(Cala d'Or)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsclean apartmentsariel chicoexcellent locationminute walktilesmaidfridgebedroompoolsentertainment
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Oh where to start! As the title suggests; it's certainly not the Ritz; however you are not paying for the Ritz; only 11 or possibly 12 apartments and it would appear that we had the worst of the apartments block 1 4; it seems the 2nd block and the front of block 1 seem to have been updated; however our apartment needs serious updating; there is almost a sinkhole in the bedroom; a smell of burning next to the fridge; a light switch which falls out in the living area and the bathroom with the most unmatched toilet sink and tiles and just 2 electric rings to cook food on no oven and no reception just a little white box if the maid isn't in which has your keys in and it's the first place I have ever been where we did not have to show our passports; we could have been anybody ; enough of the faults though; the rooms are clean with a change of towels and bedding every 3 days and there is a very hard working maid who works most mornings who is very helpful; close to the shops and depending who else is there ; with it being so small it has a family feel about it; unfortunately for us though we had a family who talked so loud that they woke the baby up and screamed most nights until midnight (paper thin walls); Palma council have put a tax on all tourists between 1 and 3 euro per day for waste collection so beware of that; All in all I would return although hopefully not in the apartment that we were put in

Room Tip: Avoid block 1 4; any in block 2
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I found this apartment complex to be quiet peaceful but also a great location. The rooms were very spacious and my grandchildren loved having the pool just outside their apartment! Only 2 minutes away was a lovely child friendly fair with go carts and bouncy slides etc at very cheap prices. Also Cala gran beach is a short 5 minute walk away which is stunning! We went all inclusive, which was at the Ariel Chico hotel 5 minutes away( we google mapped it) I have to say the modern child friendly entertainment, 3 pools , lovely helpful staff and varied tasty food and wide variety of drinks made our stay very special ❤️ only a couple of negatives... make sure you put the green ‘clean my room ‘ outside your apartment door or room wont get cleaned and when you arrive there is no one to greet you and you have to get your room key and letter outside apartment 11 in a cabinet on side of wall. But all in all great value holiday which me, my daughter and her young family loved x

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tcadman123
Reviewed 28 October 2017

W e arrived 21st just after 10 pm. our bus driver had NO idea where this hotel apartment is. He said its SOMEWHERE over there.He gets out thethe A to Z map book out and google maps up on the phone??? So we started to walk down this very dark residential street for about 3 minutes with the lights on from are mobile phones.
The hotel apartment was on the left and was in complete darkness..
We found the room key in a glass cabinet on the wall .we open the door and the very first thing that gets you is the really BAD SMELL .we put a light on
there was FILES in and around the room.DEAD FILES on the floor.
mop & bucket in corner STINKING.
The cooker burner rings are rusty.
The back bed room had black mould FUNGI on the walls ..curtains hanging off the rails.. BUT..AS
for the bathroom the fungi was in and around the bath and toilet.
EVERYWHERE SMELL REALLY BAD. I wouldn't wash my dog in that bathroom.
So we turned around walk out and when to find somewhere else to stay..and we found THE BEAUTIFUL SOL CALA D'OR HOTEL THIS PLACE AS MY FULL MARKS 100%

Room Tip: apartments
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank peter j
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Basic but clean apartments. Pool was great as you could take your own food and drink round with you and had no hotel staff tell you it wasnt allowed. Brilliant location small walk into the night life. My only complaint was the bed slightly uncomfortable. Would defo stop in these apartments again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank miyahrose
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stayed in this apartment July/Aug 2017. We had previously stayed at a nearby hotel in previous years and decided to try this apartment out as it was a lot cheaper and the location was very good. I would agree with other reviewers that the apartment was in a typical dated Majorcan style but was perfectly functional. We stayed in room 12 which was facing the pool. It was a good sized apartment with a large living/kitchen area and separate bedroom, with a large balcony. The mattresses in the bedroom were of good quality, with a memory foam topping.
The only things that are needed are a dressing table and mirror in the bedroom. The only mirror in the apartment is above the sink in the bathroom which was like a hothouse so it was too hot to use a hairdryer in there.
The one thing I was really surprised about was that no one mentioned how warm the apartment was. Unsurprisingly, due to the cost, there wasn't air con. We were unfortunate to arrived in the height of a heatwave,nicknamed Lucifer, and slept in a 30 degree heat which was unbearable. I was so warm I resorted to sleeping on the tiled floor.
We asked the cleaner if we could hire a fan which was provided immediately. It helped a little but it was still unbearable. I think it was just unlucky that we stayed in the heatwave.
The pool was a good size and usually quiet so it felt like your own private pool.
All in all it is a good apartment for the price. It did make our family realise that we would rather pay the difference for air con but if you're on a budget it's a good option.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family