1,050 results
All reviews sunday lunch pool party mini suite pool bar vip beds pool staff live entertainment wedding party sea view evening entertainment fantastic views short break glenn oceana frankie violinist spain
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This is my sixth visit and just as lovely as the first time I went. The lunch was fabulous as always and the dancing by the pool is such fun with frankie B signing into the evening. The age group is perfect and a must go too place but you need to book months in advance.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
OceanoAdmin, Public Relations Manager at El Oceano Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Sunday just wouldn't be Sunday without El Oceano!! Thank you Lorraine! Yes, booking for "The Sunday Experience" well in advance is always recommended! Thank you again and please, come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Last nights I had the pleasure of celebrating my birthday at this beautiful venue with a large number of friends. Everybody has since said to me what a beautiful venue, perfect setting, how great the staff were, how wonderful the food was, the music / party atmosphere was fantastic. To Glenn and your team a very big thank you for making my party feel special in so many ways...highly recommend to anyone looking for a place to host a special occasion

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Happy birthday Tina!! (A little late, but still... :)!) Of course, you are very welcome and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you also, for the recommendation!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I hadn't bothered to read reviews for El Oceano because we are repeat guests and only realised that I gave it 4 out of 5 the first time we stayed there. At that time, we were always looking for high end, brand new and perfection.
Well now a little older, been back a few times and realise that when we stay here, we love it - it is a kind of perfection! We still get cabs into Marbella at night, and we still generally eat out somewhere else most nights, and we still love the walk into La Cala for breakfast BUT we truly love spending the day by the pool here. The staff here are amazing, the people are friendly and up for a pool party without being pretentious and trying too hard. The VIP sunbeds are the only way to go - and the rooms are lovely. Shame it gets booked up so often!
Also, my daughter left her I Pad when we checked out last month, and I received an email telling me that they will hold it for us until we collect it - this is so rare as most hotels would have "not found it" in the room. This means that even the housekeeping staff are honest and lovely too!
When we travel this way, we always try to stay here and have even changed the destination to elsewhere if we haven't managed to get a room here. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Brilliant!! Thank you so much Rosie! So many wonderful comments! Please know you are always welcome with us!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We went here for a three-course meal and Adele live tribute act on the last evening of our holiday. The singer was very good.

The food was lovely, and the restaurant and hotel lobby are amazing. The views are lovely out over the sea, with the moonlight twinkling on it. Staff are polite and friendly and very attentive. Price was very reasonable for what we had.

Would like to go back one day and actually stay at the hotel itself.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
OceanoAdmin, Public Relations Manager at El Oceano Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

We hope you do, Jill!! :) Thank you so much for such a kind review and we're more than happy you enjoyed your visit! See you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I have visited this hotel a number of times with my wife over the years for late lunch or evening meal before returning to the airport in Malaga for our flight home , never had any issues until last month , my wife and I decided to round of our visit as we always did on our last day , we entered the hotel which was empty and asked for table for two , we where asked if we had a reservation first , which we said we had not ,
We where then asked if we were guests staying in the hotel , again we said we weren't , only to be told the kitchen was closed until 7 in a rather smug way by the chap on the floor , when my wife asked if they had changed their times as their website said something very much differently to be met by a shrug of the shoulders , which said more about him and his manner , This hotel is not cheap , but the way they treated us was very much so . El Oceano was a place we always recommended to our friends to visit as the view from the restaurant over the beach and ocean was fantastic .
We won't be anymore , as the small beachfront restaurant 100 meters away on the boardwalk is far more welcoming and friendly and the fresh fish was first class , not like the El Oceano ,

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple