“Best restaurant in tuscany”

La Cantinetta di Rignana
Price range: US$34 - US$61
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rustic elegant derived from the old mill of the farm Rignana, which was the home of Bishop Scipio Ricci Outside Of the large terrace that overlooks one of the most beautiful Chianti The wine cellar is managed by the family of Rignana Abbarchini since 1983 and today, as then the dishes are made with fresh seasonal ingredients according to the ancient culinary traditions of Chianti and Tuscany
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This was the most beautiful restaurant we have visited during our time in Tuscany. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The service was great!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

This place is a hidden treasure. The food is very good, they have a great winery and the view of the winery is so beautiful it is worth the trip. I highly recommend. I go every year when I visit Florence.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Whilst celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary, my wife and I were driving around Tuscany and randomly picked this restaurant. The only bad bit about this restaurant is finding it (I was being a stressed husband driving around trying to find it), but that is the only bad bit.

- The setting is stunning

- The staff are friendly, welcoming, excellent English and accommodating for idiots that get lost and turn up late.

- The food - Stunning, I had steak...best I’ve ever had! My wife’s Italian and we have eaten in many places but this is genuinely wonderful.

If you read this and are wondering if to go - you WILL NOT REGRET IT. I hope you have a beautiful evening as we did!

Thank you!!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Overall we thought this was a great restaurant. It is a real mission to get to up and down some pretty difficult roads / tracks so beware. The restaurant has stunning views over the hills and also a little play area which the kids enjoyed. The menu was comprehensive and the food was good. The service was friendly and the staff found us a table on a busy Sunday without having pre booked. Having said all of that this is a busy restaurant and obviously has a reputation as people are bused in in groups (there were several minibuses outside when we arrived). This is good in one sense as the place was busy but does leave you with a feeling that this is more of a tourist hot spot rather than the authentic Tuscan gem.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We had visited La Cantinetta di Regnana about 8 years ago and remembered it as a highlight of our trip, so since we were going back to Tuscany, we considered it a must. As a matter of disclosure, we were really staying too far away this time and should have skipped it. We did recall it was at the end of a long, unpaved road, but somehow it seemed much farther down gravel and dirt roads than we recalled.
The setting is still lovely and most of the food was good. The meat and cheese starter was excellent (but it is in most places in Tuscany). My husband's gnocchi was good, but not excellent and we remembered it from our first trip as the best ever. The service was acceptable, but not the highly professional as we remembered it. The meal was paced so slowly that we had to ask for the check when they delivered the entrees because we felt like it was getting too late and we had a long drive. Our bad that we didn't think about the time it would take to get there. So, it is beautiful and the steaks looked good, it has a good wine list, but be sure that you have enough time to go and really relax because it is a long evening.