“Tastes good but pricey and off the track ”
Review of Bar Roma

Bar Roma
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Sciacca
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Specializzato in granite, davvero squisite
Description: Specializzato in granite, davvero squisite
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Well the Granita tastes really good but the place itself was like a sauna and almost impossible to sit. Granita which is served in plastic glasses costs 2.5 euros which I find it a bit expensive.
The Café itself is located somewhere completely off the track which was really difficult to find.
I’m still asking myself why it rated so high.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Not only this is the best granita and brioche I had while in Sicily, the owner was very friendly and talkative and we spent time lot of time just talking to him and learning about Sciacca's history from him. Such a nice guy! He even took me next door to visit where he keeps the lemons and gave me some. Best smelling lemons ever! The place is located just off of the marina and seems well attended by locals and fishermens. The simple decor completed the picture of exactly what I was hoping to see while in Sicily.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Typical Sicilian bar. Great granita and friendly service. The best granita in Sicily!We met il maestro Della granita , mr. Aurelio. Sweet gentleman. A must stop!

1  Thank jkorczyk
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

If you love granita that this is the place you must visit when in this part of Sicily.
We stopped in after a day at the beach and visited the owner Aurelio and had some of his famous granita. For the first time I tried granita in a brioche, I was not convinced but it was delicious in the end.
Aurelio also makes ice cream or gelato if you wish but one will never go wrong with granita.

We sat outside and enjoyed the entertainment of the port workers going back and forth. Not the most prettiest areas, but the granita makes up for it.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

This is a perfect place to start your day. Can't say enough good things about it. Loved to sit and watch the locals come and go. They never made fun of us for drinking 3 cappuccino in the morning. Sandwiches and gelato very good to