All reviews villa romana lovely hotel evening meal amalfi coast room overlooking the pool group tour buffet style wine list street side the hotel staff air con road scholar reasonable size waiter service dining room is pool area is small pastries
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a gem! We were only there for two nights on our Road Scholar trip "Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast," but would have been happy to stay longer. The room was spacious and the balcony lovely, trailing with bougainvillea and overlooking in the pool. I swam twice - beautiful, if chilly. The people at reception were very helpful in answering questions and helping us arrange a taxi to the Naples airport. Our breakfast buffets were excellent, with an enormous assortment of foods, juices, and coffees. Our two dinners were very good, but not memorable. The hotel is perfectly situated; five minutes up from the harbor and a block from the very interesting archaeological site (which, unfortunately, had not a word written in English). I would live to go back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MargueriteSibley
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

The rooms were spacious and charming with all the comforts of a European 4-star hotel. The view of the hill town and sea were from my balcony was inspiring. The staff is so friendly and helpful and this little town, only 10 minutes via bus from Amalfi Town, is a gem -- quieter and more relaxed, away from the bustling crowds of cruise ships and day tours.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 weeks at this delightful hotel and it was wonderful. From check in to check out we could not have asked for more. Our room was beautiful, spacious and overlooked the pool area with a balcony. Cleaned to perfection everyday and any requests met. Breakfast was a feast in itself, we have never seen so much choice. From a cooked selection to homemade quiches and sweet flans, fresh fruits, pastries I really cannot list it all! But trust me it’s divine! They will provide you with fresh coffee if you require it, I miss my cappuccino each morning! The restaurant staff are friendly, kind and helpful. They are a great team and as I have some intolerances each day my requests were met. The best soups, pasta dish were delicious.have. It’s a four course dinner but we rarely managed more than 2 as the portions were generous. The desserts are amazing if you can squeeze one in.

This is a family run hotel and they run a good ship. Having worked in the hotel and catering industry I was personally charmed. If you want music, crowds and buzz every night then this will not suit you, however if you want tradition, style and exceptional customer service this is the place. It’s totally Italian and very grown up. The receptionists speak very good English and will assist with any requests or arrange trips for you. The restaurant team from breakfast to dinner are welcoming. They all made our holiday extra special and we cannot wait to return. Beautiful decor and ambiance. Lovely quiet pool area with bar and lunch menu.

Minori is perfect a great base to explore this beautiful coast and it’s charms. Bewitching.....simply loved it

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay, half board. Catered for our every need. Staff couldn’t do enough. Would willingly stay again and enjoy Minori- lovely little Italian village. Didn’t get chance to use the outdoor hotel pool or spa this time but would love to return

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018

This place has class! About a block's walk from the beach and the main road through town, the hotel is on a quiet street in a charming little town. The lobby sets the tone of understated elegance. Even though my room was quite small, I felt very comfortable there. The bed was excellent, extremely comfortable with good support, and was made with beautiful quality bedding. The room had stylish yet functional furnishings, including a small fridge and a desk.

I had a tiny balcony that nevertheless gave me a way to step out into the morning when I first woke up. The air conditioning worked very well, and could be controlled from inside the room. If a window was opened, the AC automatically went off, which I appreciated as an energy-efficient system.

I stayed three nights as part of a group tour, and would have gladly stayed longer.

One day when I requested early servicing of my room, I was disappointed to return to my room at 1 pm and find it had not been cleaned or the bed made up, though the dirty towels had been removed (and no clean ones provided). Otherwise the service was fine.

The breakfast offered a good range of items, and the staff provided me with a selection of quality gluten-free products. The dining room (for breakfast and other meals) had a nice ambiance. The dinners were elegant and included multiple interesting choices. I had three different soups as first courses that were each amazing.

The pool was very clean and the perfect temperature for swimming. The setting of the pool was very enjoyable as a place to relax.

The desk staff spoke reasonably good English and were always helpful.

Date of stay: September 2018