“Choco Museo tea made me sick”
Review of ChocoMuseo Granada

and up
Make Your Own Chocolate Tour From Managua
Ranked #8 of 80 things to do in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: ChocoMuseo is the new Cacao and Chocolate Museum in Granada Nicaragua.It offers a great overview of the history, the nature and the manufacturing of the cacao and the chocolate. There is a chocolate factory located inside the museum and Cacao farm tours are offered..
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went to the museo a couple of times througout the couple of days while I was in Granada. Everytime I had drank the tea (made from the husk) because it was so delicious. I was sick with nausea, diarrhea and couldn't eat much while I was there. didn't know what it was. I bought some husks to take home so I could make the tea at home. I just drank it 2 days in a row and I woke up with diarrhea and the exact same symptoms as when I was there. I have been researching it and because of the volcanic soils, there is risk of heavy metals and toxins which is mainly found in the husk. I do have a sensitive stomach, but that was pretty unbearable to deal with, so if you plan to drink it, please do so at your own risk. Other than that, I loved the museum and the breakfast buffet that they serve and the spa there is fantastic!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)
All reviews
"great chocolate"
in 17 reviews
"breakfast buffet"

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Kenny wonka really turned what may have been a mediocre, quick, info-tour into a memorable surprise during our 3 days in Granada. He definitely knew what he was talking about! At first sight, the choco mansion seems like your run of the mill souvenir shop in the front of a hotel. We took the quick tour with Kenny, and he made our 30-40 minutes there well worth it. He told us about the ancient cacao history, cigars, lotions, liquors, and coffee and mAde it completely interesting and hilarious too. Super quick and cheap, why not stop here? We even ground our own cacao beans on and ancient THING. We visited the gorgeous pool too which only cost 7 bucks for my boyfriend and I for the day. I actually came back a second time to stock up on the AMAZING body lotion which Kenny allowed us to sample along with chocolate, tea, cigars, brownies, liquor and much more. Fun and quick little tour- I would highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We got a room for 35$/night and with that 50% off the spa so we decided to treat ourselves at the end of our trip. First room was basement and smelly, second room was beautiful and on second floor with a nice deck. Ac worked well, staff were friendly and a huge shout out to Tony in concierge! That guy is a lifesaver! Helped organise ongoing travel during tense Nica times, food recommendations etc etc. we had spa treatments-mine a choco massage which is more of a pour chocolate on you and rub it around rather then a massage but my gf had the fusion and said it was good and also pedi medic and facial which for the price not to bad at all! I wouldn’t pay 100$ for it in high season though.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We got to make our own Chocolate and eat it to !!!
Best activity for kids.of all ages.
There is a lot of info about chocolate ,and there are even plants in the garden to!