““Burnt crust meets soggy toppings””

Bella Luna Wood-Fired Pizza
Get food delivered
Ranked #8 of 270 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bella Luna features hand-crafted, farm-fresh food in a warm and inviting environment. Located in the historic Livery Building in downtown Harrisonburg, Bella Luna offers wood-fired pizzas, hand-made pastas, fresh seasonal salads and sandwiches, and delectable desserts. The bar features a wide selection of local microbrews and hard ciders on tap, in addition to choice wines and artisan cocktails. Center stage at Bella Luna is an open kitchen with a massive, wood-fired oven. Guests are able to watch as their pizzas are hand-crafted and baked in the 900 degree oven. Our chefs follow a traditional, time-honored method of pizza-making, begun over 200 years ago in Naples, Italy. The intense high heat and live flame of the Bella Luna wood-fired oven creates textures and flavors which conventional pizza ovens cannot match. The oven uses a sustainable fuel source: local white oak. Bella Luna menu items are made from scratch daily, using the finest ingredients available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was looking forward to my favorite of all types of pizza, the wood fired Neapolitan, complete with a couple of tasty toppings: But it just wasn’t my day. Ordered the fennel sausage with caramelized onion, and spicy mozzarella; and it was a soggy disaster. The crust had no firmness, but had blackened burnt edges. The cheese was average at best, onions were soggy, and the sausage tasted nothing like anything I’ve ever had on a pizza. My second pizza was their version of a margherita: this one wasn’t much better. The flavors were better, but again, the crust wasn’t edible. I understand the crispier crust is a staple of a Neapolitan pizza, but these were way beyond crisp. Again, burnt...
Maybe it was an off night, maybe I’m a little picky; but at least for now, Bella Luna failed to deliver. Sorry, but at this time, I cannot recommend their pizza....

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Beefseeker
Write a reviewReviews (488)

Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

Had a brunette serve me and my brother. She was very rude and snooty. Food was marginal at best, service was slow. I will never eat here again! Rude and just not worth the drama we endured! Good luck w your business.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank 351toddb
Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

Came in with family with two small kids. Very family friendly. Food was excellent we ordered 3 pizzas and fried oysters for Family of four. Dough was excellent one of the best pizza places I’ve eaten at.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 14 November 2020

We were a large group of family who stumbled on this little pizza place. Wait staff was easy to talk to and made us feel very welcome. Ordered our pizza and salads, Only had to wait for a little bit for the food to arrive. I took one bite and thought I was in heaven. It was WONDERFUL! Full of flavor and seasonings were on point! the meal was great, so much so that I wanted to go back again the next night!!! Would eat here again, and again, and again if I could! Try it. You will be glad you did!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2020

I will definitely be back to have wood fired pizza, it was one of the best I have eaten. I got the pesto pizza and it was really creative with green olives and red onion and feta on the pesto.

Date of visit: August 2020