“Great food and beer”

Jack Brown's Beer & burger Joint
Ranked #4 of 282 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Aaron@jackbrownsjoint.com is the owners email address.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fun place to visit with fantastic burgers of all kinds. Fun bar to view women’s bras hanging from ceiling. Family friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I happened to be passing through Harrisonburg and came upon on this gem. It is now tops our list of places to stop when traveling on I-81.

It’s got that dive student vibe but with great beer and amazingly creative and delicious hamburgers.

I had a super spicy burger with habaneros which lived up to its billing. My wife had a burger with a halved hot dog on it that was amazing.

They have a full complement of local beers which were great. I had a dark Blue Mountain draft that I loved. And there were multiple other selections.

This place is dominated by students and we loved that energy and creativity and music. But there were enough oldsters that we were not alone.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service was good and quick

Burgers were on the small side but tasty. Not greasy at all. You don't get anything on the side - it's a la carte. You have to order sides such as fries if you want it.

I'd rate this 4.5 stars if I could as there is room for improvement for the burgers. I've had tons from NYC and NJ and other places that are better, but these are pretty good. I can see why the locals would come over and over

Ambiance is casual and friendly.

There's another burger place 2 doors down. Didn't try them, but there was a local guy outside that swayed us to try this burger place over the other one.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Super burgers topped by the friendliest service in Virginia. After your burger go next door for a great ice cream cone.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

This is my second visit and it exceeded the first. This time, I could not decide between the Danny Laruso and the Jalepeno Popper. My waiter suggested I combine them and the woman at the next table agreed. It was cream cheese, jalapeno jelly and pickled jalapenos. Oh my, the combination of the smooth cream cheese and the kick of the peppers was yummy. My companion had the Greg Brady (topped with mac/cheese and BBQ chips - Yeah, I know that sounds crazy) which I recommended from my first visit and he agreed, sounds weird, but was VERY tasty. Lastly, my hubby bravely ordered the Shocker, (jalapeños, fresh habaneros, Pepper jack cheese, and shocker sauce.) Our waiter warned him, but his eyes were a waterin'! That one might be over the top for most people and I honestly wondered if he ever tasted the beef after biting into fresh habaneros, (should anyone do that?) To cool off his tongue, we got him a deep fried Oreo. They should be outlawed!

Service was phenomenal and so was the food. Get off the highway and try this place!