“Love the Bar Room”

Local Chop and Grill House
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Chop and Grill House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 295 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Noll
Description: Massive wooden door, old bricks and rustic beams of Harrisonburg's old City Produce Exchange building, the perfect setting for a memorable dining experience at The LOCAL Chop & Grill House. Bring your friends and savor the atmosphere, food and drink that set us apart from other restaurants. Our menu features fresh, hand-selected, LOCAL and seasonal foods prepared with a progressive flair by Chef Colin Auckerman. Farm to Table is the mainstay of our eating philosophy. That's why we work with community food producers to support organic, sustainable, LOCAL farms, and put the finest, freshest foods on the table for you. We're serious about making choices that are environmentally sound, from the food we carefully hand-select to the aprons our kitchen and wait staff wear. Casual and fun, The LOCAL Chop & Grill House brings you world-class dining with a decidedly LOCAL flavor.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I join our golf group for dinner. We always choose the bar room because the atmosphere is a little more casual and the food is as good as the restaurant. The waiters went out of their way to take care of our group of 8! Plus the food was awesome as usual. These guys don’t miss the mark on quality!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Overall an unforgettable experience! Repurposed heritage seed mill ambiance sets the tone for a casual yet elegant dining experience. Charming and witty waiter, varied menu appeals to ALL diets while maintaining an upscale feel.
Caesar salad starter, sirloin steak, trout, focaccia bread, creme brulee, 'made in house' vanilla ice cream. All of it delicious. In all a beautiful evening. This could easily become an annual tradition for us!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Decor is spectacular when you arrive, but was disappointed from there on. Made reservation well in advance because of parents weekend. 2day prior I was advised that they are only offering a price fixe menu @ $55 pp before T&G. At this point, I could not find a reservation elsewhere.
Based on everyone’s rave reviews, we kept reservation. Wine list is OK, but lacking based on food offered. Agree with others that potions are small. Meals were warm at best. Crime Brûlée’s was served cold. Asked for coffee and was not served until we were done w desserts. This one is scratched off my list!

2  Thank peggyrobins
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I dined here with a group of 6 total and the service was good, the food was average, but the portions were very small. I ordered a vegan wrap and asked for a add on side of chicken. I knew I would have to pay for it, and didn’t mind at all. The chicken came out on the wrap, even though I specified for it to be on the side. No big deal, however there were literally two tiny chicken strips on the whole wrap. I asked the waiter about it and he shrugged it off and just said “sorry about the confusion” and walked off. Everything tasted ok, but if I’m paying for extra meat I would prefer for it to be more than a bite or two. The wrap was rather small as well. I wouldn’t necessarily return here.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The steak portions aren't huge (12 ounce ribeye was the largest on the menu) but they're seasoned and cooked perfectly, with no need for sauce. We also had collard greens, steak fries, and appetizers of pork belly and fried oysters. All of these were excellent, especially the pork belly. I think the steak portions are probably ideal because there's so much to explore with the sides and appetizers. Service was very friendly and helpful. Although they have valet parking, it was easy to park in the designated spaces across the street in the administrative office complex.