• Restaurant
Stafford House(Fairfax)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssitting areagreat hotelupscale areanicely renovated roomstv screensreservation included breakfastcheck in and check out processwhole foodsmini suiteoffice parkchicken sausagemin drivesmall fridgeroom servicesized roomsindoor pool and jacuzzifull buffet
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Check you reciepts, dis-honest front desk falsely charging fees increasing tips and stealing. Jesse Paige was notified but never returned calls - Hope he is not in on the scam. The front desk increase the tips from restaurant when charged to the room and keep the differences Amex has been notified.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Ed B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Mark D G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. Thank you for taking the time to talk with our Director of Operations, please be assured we will look into your concerns and do know it was an error which happened from the front desk agent on not adjusting the breakfast charge when it was included in your package. We apologize for any part we played and we hope that you will give us a chance to earn back your trust in the near future. I can assure you that we will do our best to be worthy of it.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The hotel itself is very nice though the lobby is very confusing. I could not find my way out in the morning as the entrance/exit doors to the parking/uber pickup area are somewhat nondescript. My room was very nice, could tell it's an older building that was cleaned up and updated to appear newer, but nice and spacious nonetheless. However, the fan/vent in the shower was FILTHY - obviously has not been cleaned in YEARS. The front desk staff was nice and friendly. The Starbucks staff indicated their latte machine wasn't working so I ordered a regular coffee. This was by far the worst coffee I've ever had - not very hot, tasted burnt - just terrible.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Melissa M,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. It is through feedback like yours that we can focus on the right areas to improve our standards. We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you on your next visit to our area. I would appreciate if you could reach out to me directly so I could ask some clarifying questions so we can take appropriate action. I look forward to hearing from you. Please call me at (703)653-6105.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Not impressed at all. Food and bar area need work on their customer service.Never came back to follow up on table. Came in on an early 10:45am flight wasn't allowed to check in until after 3:00 pm. not happy

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear vivian595,
We just wanted to thank you for choosing us to accommodate you on your most recent stay. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post this review. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. I have personally spoken and shared your concern regarding the bar service to our Food & Beverage director. The hotel check in time is 3:00pm, though we do accommodate early arriving guest when we have the rooms available. I do apologize we could not accommodate your early check in request.
I do hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Very special stay more than you pay for.
Been every hotels for business or family trip more than I can count. I love hyatt branches and I am happy to be benefited as a member. People shopping out there these days for better value, and here is quality for you.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank adorableanny

Dear adorableanny,
So excited to read your great review!! Thank you for taking the time to post it! We love our Hyatt members and glad you are enjoying the World of Hyatt benefits. We do take pride in the quality we deliver starting from service to the products. Thank you once again for your loyalty towards Hyatt.
We do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for 4 days and was most of the time not in the room. We came to the hotel early and they still let us into our room. The room was very clean and modern and the overall layout of the room was good. The bathroom was separate from the rest of the room which was nice. Beds were comfortable and the blankets kept us warm.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Ed B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear cuong p,
Thank you so much for such a great review. We are delighted that you were so pleased with our hotel and our great location. I am glad the front desk staff were able to check you in early, we always accommodate guest request to the best of our abilities. I personally love the Hyatt beds they are very comfortable and do get a nice goodnight sleep. We hope to serve you again soon.