All reviews really enjoyed our stay here roll away bed room type king bed front desk night stay great place to stay dryer closet shift employees laundry mattress interstate hallway
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I had a reservation for a two-bed suite. Upon arrival (after an 8 hour drive), I was informed that the two-bed suite wasn't available, but a King Bed suite was. Sleeping in the same bed was not an option. I was offered a roll-away or I could sleep on the dreadful, who knows what's in it, pull-out sofa. Due to the fact that we had a family function to attend, I did not have time to go back and forth. I picked the lesser of two evils, the Camp Snoopy, hard as a rock, roll-away. (Marriott, you have the money, DO BETTER; that mattress was unacceptable). I was more upset with myself because I canceled TWO other hotel reservations in order to stay at this location. My reservation wasn't honored and I paid way too much for my accommodations. I am NOT happy. The only saving grace was the Front Desk Agent, Will. He was very pleasant and did all he could do under the circumstances. I feel like I was robbed, and so does my back!!! i will be writing to Corporate.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Cali1234,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk. Your feedback is very important to us as we feel it is one more way for us to know how we are doing and to correct the things that need attention. I am truly sorry to learn that your stay was less than perfect. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the entire staff to help improve our service levels for you and future guests.

Again, thank you for your generosity in taking the time by giving us this feedback as it serves as a tool for further enhancement of our services and accommodations.

Best Regards,
Christy M

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We spent 7 nights at this hotel. I have mixed opinions about this property. We arrived late on a Saturday from a long car trip. I reserved a suite. There were 3 adults in my party. When we arrived in the room, there was no soap in the bathroom, and very little toilet paper. We were too tired to complain and just went to bed. In the morning, we were able to get the supplies that we needed from housekeeping. My daughter arrived the next day with her family. They also reserved a suite. When she arrived to her room, there was a large fan in the sleeping area. When she called the front desk, she was told that the ac did not work. Why would you give someone a room that you knew had ac that was not working? She switched rooms. They had only one washer and dryer at the property and the dryer wasn’t working. The water in the indoor pool was very cloudy meaning the pool was not clean. Breakfast was good.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue D

Dear Sue D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk. We have shared your comments with the appropriate staff and are looking to further investigate these issues. We do appreciate you making us aware of these matters and have certainly taken the steps to correct the shortcomings that you mentioned.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Chesapeake/Suffolk area. Safe travels!

Warmest Regards,

Christy M

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Having been ousted from the Renaissance Portsmouth (for reasons still unbeknownst to me) on Tuesday night (15/MAY), made scramble for replacement lodgings landed me here. Called and the front desk guy locked me in for a room (right before he was leaving for the night); upon arrival, the new front desk person was gracious, stating only had 2 rooms, didn't quite know what was going on in Norfolk area, but glad for me to be here.

Just grateful to have a room, which I extended for another night to accommodate work schedule, the following nuisances were noted: room in front, so flood lights literally "flooding" into room, and the curtains weren't flush with wall so gaping slit (had to Mcgyver a hanger to hold the curtains to the AC vent to block about 90 percent); and the AC unit/air flow itself was sporadically loud. Lastly, my door was oddly off, since when I closed it, from the outside, you could still push it open about 2 inches/loose (told front desk to take a look since not exactly safe).

"Fair"field it was.

Room Tip: Do not pick odd numbered rooms (since these face front of hotel) to avoid flood lights blaring through at night
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank BlearyBusinessBum
Christy M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear BlearyBusinessBum,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk and providing your honest feedback by writing a review.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Chesapeake/Suffolk. Safe travels!

Best Regards!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We came in March for a family wedding. The construction on Portsmouth Blvd. made it somewhat difficult to get to the hotel. We did not mind. The room was spacious and the never ending coffee/hot tea was great. The only draw back was that the ice machine on the 3rd floor did not work.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Christy M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear oldma00,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk and providing your honest feedback by doing a review.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We have shared your feedback with the Maintenance team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the ice machine issues you encountered from occurring in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

When we walked in we were treated with a friendly smile. And told by the person who was checking us in that she was looking all over the hotel for pillows for me they did not have feathers. She went to the room and exchange the pillows before I went in. The hotel was very clean very well kept. Employees are happy to work there which made for a very friendly environment. They maintain the Marriott high standard that I’ve grown accustomed to.The breakfast was exceptional. They even had goody bags for us when we left with water apples, and a little snack. All this is unheard of in today’s fast-paced world. When people will still take time for another person’s comfort. Told our friends about our stay and they stayed there on their way down south and received the same treatment that we did. They were very happy with their experience.Thank you employees of the Fairfield Suites in Chesapeake Virginia see you again soon.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple