All reviews separate bedroom great setup front desk business center pool and hot tub awesome place to stay laundry facilities the hotel staff min drive living area the breakfast area clean hotel pet pros housekeeping cons linens
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

This hotel was totally awesome. It was clean, had great amenities and the staff was very friendly, professional and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the Norfolk-Virginia Beach area.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorrilee G
Jim K, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Dear Lorilee G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to read that you liked the wonderful staff and the hotel amenities. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations..

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

All staff excellent. Courtney checked us in pointed out the in house theater and barb que and indoor pool. Hot meal breakfeast was above what we expected with quite the variety.
We found rooms to be very clean in all 3 rooms. Pool was great for the kids no worries on sunscreen, as it was indoors. Nice outdoor grills with covered tables. Lots of restraunts , shopping nearby. Only ice was a bit hard to come by until front desk helped us out. Bathrooms a bit tight for a large group in the suite, but doable.
Staff was a standout as excellent on all fronts, from front Desk to meal prep etc...Especially Courtney

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael M

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guests.

We are committed to offer the best hotel stay for our guests through excellent quality and customer service and we are happy to hear we accomplished our goal during your stay! I will be sure to share your comments with Courtney.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 August 2015

I stayed at this hotel last month on my way to the Outer Banks and it was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. After check in, as I got off the elevator I was hit with an awful stench. Like old, stale smoke, must and mildew, all being covered up with heavy duty cleansers. The room was even worse. It REEKED of cigarettes, and the walls and furniture were stained yellow with nicotine. When we made the reservation months in advance we requested a non-smoking room. We also called the week before our stay to CONFIRM a non-smoking room, because my mom has asthma and was just getting over a respiratory issue. I immediately called the front desk to switch to a non-smoking room (you know, the one we RESERVED) and was informed that there were no more non-smoking room available and there was nothing they could do about it. I was also informed that because of various events in town that every hotel room was booked, so I wasn't going to be getting a room elsewhere. So I had a choice. Either stay or sleep in my car. YAY, choices! We stayed. It was awful. My poor mom woke up at the crack of dawn with her lungs hurting, and I had a headache from the smoke smell that just wouldn't go away. So we packed up and checked out early. When we got to our final destination, we were very grateful that there was a washer and dryer, because we had to wash everything in our suitcases to get rid of the smoke smell from our overnight stay at Staybridge suites. Never again. And why the hell offer non-smoking room reservations if you aren't going to guarantee that room? Logic tells me that when I reserve a non-smoking room, that you don't put another guest in that room. The compromised my mom's health with their awful service and dirty room, and I'll never return to that hotel. I stay in Chesapeake every year, and I'll be looking for another hotel next summer. A hotel that can guarantee my reservation, unlike Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Brandi R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Brandi R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the issues you had with the hotel staff, particularly with the room assignments. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message to obtain more information.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 July 2015

We could not match the ratings to the hotel room. The room smelled. The floor and wall had holes and seemed dirty. We did not dare touch anything and even though we were traveling late, we had to go to another hotel.

The staff was very nice, but that does not help when you are alone in a room that is too dirty, too smelly, too ugly and dirty looking. I wish I had seen other rooms, but the one we got was just not a place where I would want my family to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank grapevinereview
Jim K, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2015

Dear
Dear Gregory G,

Dear grapevinereview,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guests. However, please accept our sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected due to the condition of the room and its amenities which fell below your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2015

Stayed for a week great location easy to find and the suite was just right. Actually recommended we make this our company preferred hotel. Close to several restaurants as well so if you dont want to use the suites catering facility its not an issue.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave E

Dear Dave E,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your recent stay. It’s nice to know that you liked our rooms, location and amenities.

As you mentioned, we consider our hotel to be in the center of many things to do, from restaurants to the shopping mall.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you and your company will continue to choose us for your travel needs.