See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

I have been staying here for over ONE YEAR. I have been on time with every payment and have not caused any problems or had any complaints until TODAY. I am even on a familiar first name basis with most of the staff, including the front desk suporvisor, Dominici. HERES THE PROBLEM. My A/C  unit began leaking on wednesday, i noticed the carpeting was wet and saw drops of water coming from the bottom of the unit. I immediately informed the Front Desk Manager and was told that it will take a day to send someone up to look at it. Ok. Thursday, no one showed up and i spoke to the suporvisor, Dominici. She said she would write it down and have someone come up to look at it. Friday, NO ONE CAME. I spoke to front desk in the morning and called again in the evening to say that now, 3 days later, the A/C unit has flooded the entire carpet from one side of the room to the other, soaking everything that touched the floor. Not only was there a mildew smell developing, the water loosened up the filthy carpet which created a muddy substance all over the room. Now its SATURDAY, i personally spoke face to face with Dominici (after i waited for her to end her conversation with a housekeeper behind the desk and on her phone) . she said she couldnt do anything to help me. The SUPORVISOR said there was NOTHING she could do to help me, a resident of over ONE YEAR. Her response was to throw her arms up and shrug her shoulders, no apology or resolution . i asked to speak to her manager and was told he is unavailable until MONDAY. AND THAT I SHOULD WAIT UNTIL MONDAY TO TALK ABOUT MY FLOODED, MUDDY MILDEWED ROOM. I asked if there werr any AVAILABLE ROOMS, she said yes but not a single bed, implying that she could not give me a double bed or king room. Why? I dont know. SO I am expected to stay in a room that has been flooded. For the entire weekend. SO I CALLED CORPORATE. And was directed to a voicemail that was FULL. I WAS UNABLE TO SPEAK TO ANYONE AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE END.  So i called RESERVATIONS, and i knew this wasnt something they could help me with, BUT THEY DID. Darcy listened to me, let me speak to a manager, emailed on my behalf and explained that they would handle the situation. It is SAD, that i had to call on someone not responsible for this Property to get help. UNFORTUNATELY I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESOLUTION. If you are coming to the Virginia beach area, avoid INTOWN SUITES. There is a lack of experience at the front desk and certainly a lack of customer appreciation. I have been in the hotel business for 20 years, the first rule everyone learns, GO ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR YOUR GUEST, NEVER TELL THEM YOU CANNOT HELP THEM OR SEND THEM AWAY UNSATISAFIED.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carey H
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel only 1 night - never again. I would have rated this a zero if I could have.

Pros
1.) Price - $95 from hotels.com on a Friday night when the entire city was sold out of hotel rooms.

Cons
1.) Smell - I can only describe it as gross. A cross between air conditioning 'funk', cigarette smoke, mold/humidity, and a cheap men's cologne to mask the smell.
2.) Hotel guests & noise - it appears that some people live at this hotel and some guests (not sure if they were the semi-permanent ones or not) enjoy partying at all hours. The room above us was so loud with people coming and going at all hours. Finally at 3 AM I walked to reception, which is closed at that time so I called the after hours number. The response, "sorry we cannot do anything, call the police." On my way back about 20 people filed out of the hotel room above us, and while extremely loud I was relieved. But, they did not leave, instead, they hung out in the parking lot. I did not call the police for fear one of them might have a gun and I didn't want to put my family in danger.
3.) My reservation was for 2 beds but at check in they only had rooms with 1 bed, leaving 2 of us to sleep on the floor.
4.)There was no shower curtain
5.) The shower was gross - it appears to have been painted at some point in time and the paint was peeling off.
5.) The baseboard vinyl appears to have been installed by an unskilled person. My 5 year old nephew could have done better. There were 2 corners where the baseboard was grossly crumpled up. The one in the bathroom had a gapping hole large enough for a rat to crawl thru. Plus it was moldy. I wish I'd taken a picture.
6.) Bed was uncomfortable and sheets were thin yet scratchy.
7.) Bugs - this one might be unfair because I only saw one and it was a grasshopper. It may have jumped on my suitcase while we were unloading.

We knew upon booking that this would not be a 4 star hotel, but needed a place to stay and my hope was that it'd be a clean comfy place to rest our heads while in route to the OBX. I would have rather driven straight thru and waited in the bridge traffic.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

This is a charming hotel on the week days, the weekends are a bit more interesting since this place sells out every weekend. They have nice rooms that are suites... A lake in the bank, and they allow dogs up to mid size... So the whole family can vacation here.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

I wld not advise anyone to book a room at this place for starters the do not keep the rooms clean (no room service) second their general manager Richard Davis is a jerk! He looks through your belongings to see if your taking his property and assumes your a thief calls the police.... A total embrassment!! my experience here was the worse! They are not friendly at all & I will not be returning to the place.........so Do not I repeat Do NoT waste your money coming to the Sun suites.....

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank keke1234
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

The first clue should have been apparent when the front desk worker Started speaking. Started speaking. Don't be lured by the low price. About half of the occupancy are financially depressed live in's. Without sounding judgemental, your steroypical trailer home croud was apparent upon arriving. Anything containing metal is rusted. Every window is greasy and dirty. Front desk area looks filthy. Website photos are misleading. Requested non-smoking. The first room I was givin reeked of cigarettes, Sinks were nasty, AC looked disgusting (see my photos), refrigerator was rusted, entry door had been kicked in before as it was bent and wouldn't close completely. The bed was about 2% softer than the floor. Front desk offered a second room. This room was worse and also had a roach infestation. First time I ever had to get a refund and leave a hotel that I had booked. Front desk misspelled my name on the refund receipt. You'll be better off going to the nearby Walmart, purchasing a pillow, and sleeping in your car.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo